Signing Time (DVDs)

InfamousMacBook

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used this program with children? From what I understand it's all ASL and not SEE or Pidgin. I know it's not complete with sentence structure in ASL but, I am wanting to use for me. I know sounds stupid but, as of yet I have very little money for college though, if all goes well I may be able to take ASL I this fall.

Reason why I want to do this is even if I cannot make sentences I can make individual words. Haha, I have only been deaf for 4 1/5 years and still adjusting. I'm just frustrated with trying to understand people. Let me know.

Has anyone ever used this program with children? From what I understand it's all ASL and not SEE or Pidgin. I know it's not complete with sentence structure in ASL but, I am wanting to use for me. I know sounds stupid but, as of yet I have very little money for college though, if all goes well I may be able to take ASL I this fall.

Reason why I want to do this is even if I cannot make sentences I can make individual words. Haha, I have only been deaf for 4 1/5 years and still adjusting. I'm just frustrated with trying to understand people. Let me know.

Signing Time! Volume 1: My First Signs (Video 2002) - IMDb

I wanted to add that you can actually stream quite a few ASL videos on there as well. Good luck :wave:

I watched this on PBS a few years back. It's a pretty good show to teach kids sign. But understand it is targeted at 5- and 6-year-olds. Topics and songs about bugs in the forest, animals on a farm. Things like that.

Is your family supportive of you (and the family?) transitioning to sign?

Not really but, I know about 150 signs along with alphabet. I figured this would at least increase my vocabulary. I'm a nanny so I found them at the library and will probably do it with the children I watch. My parents are in denial of how much my hearing loss is. My fiancé is refusing to learn sign and just is happy with me reading lips. I really feel out of place now. It just sucks.

Not really but, I know about 150 signs along with alphabet. I figured this would at least increase my vocabulary. I'm a nanny so I found them at the library and will probably do it with the children I watch. My parents are in denial of how much my hearing loss is. My fiancé is refusing to learn sign and just is happy with me reading lips. I really feel out of place now. It just sucks.

Wow, that does suck. Let's just put it this way... my wife wouldn't have married me if I hadn't learned sign language. Best of luck to you.

I've only been deaf 5 years in august and I was hoping it would be something me and him did but, oh well. He justify things by texting me or repeating himself over and over. Then don't get me started on the issue of me wearing hearing aids. He doesn't like that either so I have to suffer to be wearing my hair down all the time. He did get my first pair of hearing aids but, I figured his dislike was due to color and/or us living on military post and him embarrassed. I just have a lot to vent and think about.

Back