Signing Naturally or The Gallaudet Dictionary of American Sign Languag

KStiletto

Reaction score
Has anyone used these? I'd like to possibly get both, or is it unnecessary?

It's up to you. Singing naturally?? LOL, I wish I could sing! For me, I prefer signing naturally because that is how I learned from deaf school, from deaf friends, sometimes taught myself from Joy of Signing dictionary book and deafyoutube to improve myself fulfill in ASL expression and its modes.

It's up to you. Singing naturally?? LOL, I wish I could sing! For me, I prefer signing naturally because that is how I learned from deaf school, from deaf friends, sometimes taught myself from Joy of Signing dictionary book and deafyoutube to improve myself fulfill in ASL expresion and modes.

Lmao.. I meant signing.

I really like my Signing Naturally workbook and DVD. I only have the first one. I have quite a few other books as well and some CD's for the computer that will not run on Vista. (they are sitting around right now) I also have a small book, The Gallaudet Survival Guide to Signing, as well as The American Sign Language Handshape Flash Cards, Set 2.

Sorry, I didn't know that there has a book "Signing Naturally", I just saw it in iDeafNews video regarding ASLTA conference in Seattle this afternoon.

Please throw those books into a fireplace due to lack of explanations, and too many signing mistakes. Get ASL videos or movies with subtitles. Go to your local deaf events to socialize.

Please throw those books into a fireplace due to lack of explanations, and too many signing mistakes. Get ASL videos or movies with subtitles. Go to your local deaf events to socialize.

Or check out the various videos made by deaf people and CODAs on youtube :) I love the Idiot on a Motorbike vid XD

Or check out the various videos made by deaf people and CODAs on youtube :) I love the Idiot on a Motorbike vid XD

The thing with videos on youtube is I don't know who is signing the right way. I don't want to follow someone to learn they are signing incorrectly.

The thing with videos on youtube is I don't know who is signing the right way. I don't want to follow someone to learn they are signing incorrectly.

I totally get what you are saying here. That's my problem. When I was watching one, I found they were signing PSE as opposed to ASL. Then there are the ones labeled as ASL but are actually BSL.

Back