Sign Question

Em903

Premium Member
Reaction score
How is "reservation" signed, as in, to have a dinner reservation.

Is it same as "reserve" (looking at aslpro at the moment)

M

Both "S" hands, downturned. The right downturned "S" hand makes a single clockwise circle and comes to rest on the back of the downturned left "S" hand.

Thought of another one!

How are "someone", "something", "anyone", "anything", and just plain "thing" signed. I always end up fingerspelling thing but on the plus side I've gotten very quick at it!

How are "someone", "something", "anyone", "anything", and just plain "thing" signed. I always end up fingerspelling thing but on the plus side I've gotten very quick at it!

"Anything" and "thing" are the same sign.

Like something shown in the hand. Outstretch right hand, hold before chest, palm up.

Drop it slightly and move it a bit to the right.

"Anyone"

Combines signs. Use either sign for "any" then the "A" hand moving up a bit assumes the sign "1" but with palm out.

Thus ends Bottesini's ASL class for April 9.

It can also be used for "appointment", am I correct?

On "appointment" both hands move downward a short distance at the moment they touch.

That is the only difference.

If anyone was going to ask, "appointment" and "engagement" are the same. :)

On "appointment" both hands move downward a short distance at the moment they touch.

That is the only difference.

If anyone was going to ask, "appointment" and "engagement" are the same. :)

Oh okay I see.

OT: you've got a thing for frogs, don't you? :giggle:

Oh okay I see.

OT: you've got a thing for frogs, don't you? :giggle:

*Bottesini smiles pleasantly at you as the index and middle fingers of her right dominant hand flick out from under her chin.*

(non-signers may feel free to wonder if I just insulted you ;) ) :P

*Bottesini smiles pleasantly at you as the index and middle fingers of her right dominant hand flick out from under her chin.*

(non-signers may feel free to wonder if I just insulted you ;) ) :P

Sign for frog, yes? :) my man has a tattoo of a tree frog on his shoulder, so I like seeing all the frogs!

Back