Sign Movies

I found a webpage where they are selling DVD's of movies with ASL that you buy for yourself. I've seen "No Talking Allowed" (romantic, cute and funny) and "Two Worlds Apart" (a thriller with a ending that you will have to figure out for yourself. I was kind of disappointed with it, actually). I have not seen the other one, "Dormitory" so I have no idea how it is. They all have deaf actors, so obviously it will be all in ASL.

Just thought you'd want to have a look at this.

Here's the link: ASL Movies DVD's

deaf movies

I remember reading a short article recently about Brad Pitt studying ASL for an upcoming movie. The title for the film was never given in the article but the movie should be out by late 2005/early 2006.

Fly Free said:
there is one i am aware of -- Children of a Lesser God with Marlee Matlin, William Hurt

I hated this movie 'cuz the voice interpreting Hurt! Completely unrealistic, unless you are hearing and like to hear yourself talk. It included ASL, but was definately not an ASL movie.

Viewers who don't know sign could figure out what was going on from MM's acting. Just as Deaf had to figure out what the hearing were doing (until captioned video was released).

Steve

Meet the Fockers

Last Tuesday evening, my friend and I went to see a captioned movie called Meet the Fockers. It had a lot of sex jokes in it and it was hilarous. Mr. Byrnes (Robert DeNiro) had a grandson, and Mr Byrnes was teaching him some sign language. Man...the baby was so funny. You should watch.

When the baby sees a woman with big chest, he signed, oohh "milk!"

It was bad azz movie!

Movies in ASL

Aber said:
Why aren't there any movies out that people sign in to communicate?? Doesn't seem fair that all the movies are in spoken english, maybe we need to start Deaf Hollywood...

There are! Well, a few, anyway..check out John Lubotsky's Deaf Cinema page for a list of movies in ASL, and movies with significant use of ASL...

Last edited:
In Tampa, we have had 2 International Deaf Film Festivals. They are in May (this year was the 2nd annual one, so hopefully we can get them every year). They feature independent films made by Deaf people and they feature Deaf actors using ASL or the sign language of other countries. Pretty cool...you all should come on down to Tampa next year!

Here is the website....

http://www.floridadeaffilmfestival.com/

Check it out!

Kelly

i saw deaf actress on late show but she really good actress i like her because she is good accent and she married to police officer and she raise 4 children.

im not sure what kinda movie she in!

and also i did watch meet the frockers really comedy!

Sara Boyce

Here is an upcoming Deaf, All ASL movie.

Gerald Movie

It is indie based so, you might not see it in your local theaters.

But, they are having showtimes in:

Upcoming Showtimes

* Sat, October, 10, 2009 | 07:00PM

Gerald Heads to Michigan!
* Sun, October, 11, 2009 | 02:00PM

Touring Arizona!
* Fri, October, 16, 2009 | 08:00PM

Gerald Goes to Ohio!
* Sat, October, 17, 2009 | 04:00PM

Gerald Heads to Texas!
* Sat, October, 17, 2009 | 07:00PM

Gerald Stops by Pennsylvania!
* Sat, October, 17, 2009 | 07:00PM

Gerald Heads to Texas!

CHECK OUT ALL SHOWTIMES AT: ASL Films

Yeah

Someone finally put it up ASL films, has like 4 movies out now. I went to see the movie Gerald not to long ago it was good. I believe two of the movies allow captions on two do not. Not a bad idea for those who are hoh or hearing these movies are completely silent.

Here's a new deaf feature film with deaf actors: "Lexie Cannes"

Lexie Cannes, an independently produced film by Tom Bertling
Lexie Cannes | Facebook

More info:

Our feature film "Lexie Cannes" won a HONORABLE MENTION in the BEST NARRATIVE FEATURE category and received a NOMINATION in the BEST NARRATIVE FEATURE SPECIAL EFFECTS (DIGITAL) category during the 2009 Los Angeles Reel Film Festival.

During this festival, hundreds, perhaps thousands of new independent film submissions are evaluated and a select few are forwarded to a team of film industry professional who screen then select the nominees and eventual winners.

it was not a film it was program called'criminal minds'saw it yesterday about dr who do CI surgery and deaf man shoots him because he was worried his girlfriend not love him anymore...one of the policemen was deaf had CI...lot of asl it was very good

once again,
Interpreters, captions, are expensive...

It's will be SUPER nice to have deaf actors and actress to make some movies..

but gotta to remmy we are in small deaf world.. Hearing world beat us.

Not if you put ALL of us in one city, and the requirements would be being deaf and able to sign, or something like that. We need deaf people in every position in that city. Right now, we're too spread out and distracted to be effective in making things happen.

Edit: Whoops. It looks like we necroposted in a long dead thread... Run! It's alive, it's alive!! Run!!!

Back