Sign Language book supply problems?

Nesmuth

Reaction score
I ordered 20 books of the American Sign Language The Easy Way on April 19 for our sign language students. The books havent come in yet and we called today to find out they were shipped on May 6.

Barrons Educational Series
http://store.yahoo.com/barronseduc/0764102990.html
barronseduc_1843_37126917

I was wondering if anyone else has a similar supply problems with this company.

Richard

I don't have any experience with that company in particular as I buy all my books through Amazon

I would get in touch with the company again and see about any tracking information. 20 books is no small order so I would think (and hope) they used a shipment method that uses tracking.

Did they tell you who was shipping it?

USPS snail mail

USPS Media Mail.

It came in this morning and it came after having to refund $600 in tuition fees to the 5 students who quitted the class because of no book.

I'll remember this experience when I decide upon the books for this fall's ASL classes after the County Fair project. We got like room for 300 students at our new classroom this fall.

That will mean 300 books and consider this an invitation for bidding from ASL book suppliers.

Richard

I'm glad you got them....albeit a late.

With that amount of books in the future, I'd hope they would be fighting for your business.

Nesmuth said:
That will mean 300 books and consider this an invitation for bidding from ASL book suppliers.

Richard

I'm withdrawing this bid invitation because after weeks of development we printed in the office our first sign language booklet yesterday and this paves the way to our designing and printing bigger sign language booklets and then our own ASL books.

Richard

:locked:

Nesmuth said:
I'm withdrawing this bid invitation because after weeks of development we printed in the office our first sign language booklet yesterday and this paves the way to our designing and printing bigger sign language booklets and then our own ASL books.

Richard

:locked:

Richard....Thats excellent news...If you can't find a company to do it for you, then do it yourself ;). While there will be a lot more work involved, this gives you the freedom to develop your materials around your program....When you go into full swing and publishing, please keep me in mind as I'd be interested in checking out your materials (I keep a list of resources of groups such as yours).

Back