Siemens Artis 2

Wendy H

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Siemens Artis 2 SP?

I have bilateral Siemens Reflex DSPs provided by the NHS in Britain. They look to be identical to Artis 2 SP, having just looked at the Siemens website. The NHS just calls their HAs by other names. I've had these aids now for about 18 months and I can honestly say that they are the best aids I've ever had in my life, and I've been wearing HAs for over 38 years. They are the first digital aids I've had, so maybe that is the reason.

Siemens

I have bilateral Siemens Reflex DSPs provided by the NHS in Britain. They look to be identical to Artis 2 SP, having just looked at the Siemens website. The NHS just calls their HAs by other names. I've had these aids now for about 18 months and I can honestly say that they are the best aids I've ever had in my life, and I've been wearing HAs for over 38 years. They are the first digital aids I've had, so maybe that is the reason.

Do you have any of their bluetooth accessories? If so, how do you like them? I am currently testing out the Seimens Artis 2 and so far it's pretty good. I seem to be having better luck with this aid than with the Phonak Naida V UP. However, it may be early to tell.

I don't have any Siemens bluetooth accessories, but I do have a Smartlink fm system which can use bluetooth with a mobile phone. I find it quite good, you can hear the phone in both HAs, which makes it easier to hear the callers voice.

The only problem with it is the Smartlink turns itself off if it doesn't have any audio input for about 40 seconds, a real problem if someone puts you on hold, you can't hear anything when the person comes back on the line. My family are aware of the problem, but it's a nuisance if you need to speak to anyone official. I tend not to use it that much as I can only hear a phone if there is absolutely no background noise, I usually use it just for text.

Do you know what bluetooth accessories are available from Siemens? The NHS does not tell you what is available, as they only provide HAs.

I don't have any Siemens bluetooth accessories, but I do have a Smartlink fm system which can use bluetooth with a mobile phone. I find it quite good, you can hear the phone in both HAs, which makes it easier to hear the callers voice.

The only problem with it is the Smartlink turns itself off if it doesn't have any audio input for about 40 seconds, a real problem if someone puts you on hold, you can't hear anything when the person comes back on the line. My family are aware of the problem, but it's a nuisance if you need to speak to anyone official. I tend not to use it that much as I can only hear a phone if there is absolutely no background noise, I usually use it just for text.

Do you know what bluetooth accessories are available from Siemens? The NHS does not tell you what is available, as they only provide HAs.

I just saw the box in which the accessories come in at the audiologist's office. I go back on Thursday afternoon. When I go, I'll inquire again as I have some questions myself. Then, I'll get back to you w/ the info. However, I do know that it is approximately $500 (U.S. dollars) and the accessories include a remote control and some kind of neckloop that allows one to access the hearing aid(s) to t.v., I-Pod, phone, audio equipment, etc. :)

Siemens Artis 2 Updated information

Hi, I went to the audiologist's office today to have an adjustment done on the Artis 2. The audiologist and I were talking and I misunderstood her regarding the Artis 2 at last week's appt. Evidently, Siemens is coming out with a newer series that have bluetooth capabilities. The series the audiologist mentioned was the Motion series and it will cost about $2200 and the accessory that will have one remote control to access cell phone, computers, I-pods, or other electronic equipment will be available. I plan on waiting for that to come out next month to try out the new Motion 500 series along with the accessory. That's the latest update. I hope this information is helpful! :)

Thanks for the info, sounds great to have access to so much technology with just one device. I doubt the NHS would run to anything with bluetooth though, so I'll have to keep using my Smartlink.

Thanks for the info, sounds great to have access to so much technology with just one device. I doubt the NHS would run to anything with bluetooth though, so I'll have to keep using my Smartlink.

You DO know you have bluetooth capabilities on your Smartlink??

You DO know you have bluetooth capabilities on your Smartlink??

Yeah sure, that's why I said I'll have to keep using it. It would be good to get bluetooth with just my HAs, without having to connect the audio shoes and fm receivers all the time though.

Hence my earlier post #4: 'I don't have any Siemens bluetooth accessories, but I do have a Smartlink fm system which can use bluetooth with a mobile phone. I find it quite good, you can hear the phone in both HAs, which makes it easier to hear the callers voice.'

Yeah sure, that's why I said I'll have to keep using it. It would be good to get bluetooth with just my HAs, without having to connect the audio shoes and fm receivers all the time though.

Hence my earlier post #4: 'I don't have any Siemens bluetooth accessories, but I do have a Smartlink fm system which can use bluetooth with a mobile phone. I find it quite good, you can hear the phone in both HAs, which makes it easier to hear the callers voice.'

And that's one of the reasons I like my Phonak Naida with ML10i FM receivers. These are integrated in the Niada. I also use the Smartlink SX. I don't really have many problems with it, maybe wishing I had the newer Smartlink+ .

And that's one of the reasons I like my Phonak Naida with ML10i FM receivers. These are integrated in the Niada. I also use the Smartlink SX. I don't really have many problems with it, maybe wishing I had the newer Smartlink+ .

I believe the new Smartlink+ has overcome the problem I mentioned, switching off if there's no audio input for 40 seconds. Maybe if I had one it would be more successful for using with a mobile phone.

Hi, I went to the audiologist's office today to have an adjustment done on the Artis 2. The audiologist and I were talking and I misunderstood her regarding the Artis 2 at last week's appt. Evidently, Siemens is coming out with a newer series that have bluetooth capabilities. The series the audiologist mentioned was the Motion series and it will cost about $2200 and the accessory that will have one remote control to access cell phone, computers, I-pods, or other electronic equipment will be available. I plan on waiting for that to come out next month to try out the new Motion 500 series along with the accessory. That's the latest update. I hope this information is helpful! :)

The new "Super Power" 675 BTE models from Siemens are the Nitro 300 and 700 series. They are compatible with Siemens TEK bluetooth remote control unit.

https://www.medical.siemens.com/web...15&langId=-201&productId=201241&storeId=10001

Seimens new HA product (Nitro)

I'm waiting for this product to come out. My audiologist said she'd call the headquarters to find out when she can expect this hearing aid in her office for me.

IF this is the same product my audiologist was talking to me about last month, I will keep you posted.

:wave:

I forgot to add that when I spoke w/ the audiologist, it was mentioned that the new hearing aid product (if this is the product the audiologist was talking about) is supposed to be out THIS month . ..

I just got an email from my audiologist stating that the Seimens Nitro 300 and 700 series is available for consumers. I just e mailed the audiologist to order the 300 series. The Nitro 700 series is close to $3700 and has a 16 channel model. The 300 series is close to $2200 and has an 8 channel model. The TEK system is about $500.

I can post info. once I get them if anyone is interested.

I will be getting the Nitro in January. I was going to get it this month but since I applied for the FSA (flexible spending account) to reflect the 2010 taxes, I figured I should take advantage of this. So, anyone wanting to hear my experience w/ the Seimen's Nitro, tune in next year (merely a month away!) :wave:

Back