Sidekick TTY

TheXandieBoy

Reaction score
Is there already have TTY in sidekick working? Well, one my friend's thier friend who has sidekick and have tty to tty and it's working. So, their friend will tell my friend later when my friend go visit them. But I want it now .... so anyone know how?

ugh? impossible... I think your friend :liar: cuz I told tmobile service about TTY that said they are still work on it and not release yet.

Are u kiddin' me?? i have color sidekick.. but no tty.. i ll ask my salesman abt it.. i know there s ip-relay on sidekick now.. i havent tried it yet... did u know abt it ?? Keep me informed abt tty! that'd be kewl to have a tty to tty but know what? we can always chat via AIM.. what more do we want?!?! Lolz! Peace out!

~Me~

TheXandieBoy said:
Is there already have TTY in sidekick working? Well, one my friend's thier friend who has sidekick and have tty to tty and it's working. So, their friend will tell my friend later when my friend go visit them. But I want it now .... so anyone know how?

I have emailed Lormar Logic to ask them for a telnet TTY similiar to MCI Wireless IP-Relay. In fact, the same software is not exclusive to MCI -- you can actually use any telnet client.

That opens the market for other providers such as FuseWireless and LormarLogic to provide a telnet addition to their wireless IP-Relay. In fact, a provider such as FuseWireless can write a custom program that simply piggybacks on the telnet protocol, in order to make it user-friendly.

Please Contact Lormar Logic and request a TELNET TTY service in addition to their WAP TTY and their AIM TTY services! This is the easiest TRUE realtime way of doing it in a standard-compliant way, realtime keypress-at-a-time like a real TTY. No page refreshes, no turn-based operation, no IM.

PS....A Note To Carriers & Programmers: I wrote Linux TTY server software for personal use. It works in all the same wireless telnet clients that MCI Wireless IP Relay does, while allowing me to make TTY calls (not just relay) and actually improves realtime operation because of some special packetization algorithms I use, that makes it as realtime as possible without causing network congestion. (Packettization is even adjustable using a hidden option too!) Contact me via my website at the link below if you would like my assistance in adding telnet TTY support to your existing wireless TTY infrastructure. If nobody contacts me, I will probably eventually open-source the source code to my wireless TTY server software and you can set up your own wireless TTY server yourself....

Last edited:
Back