Sidekick OTA 2.3 Update

NightwarriorJin

Reaction score
anyone got this? I just got it this morning and I must admit, its NICE!

Whats in it?

Hi there...I have sidekick color 1....and I am about ready to buy SK II becuz I have had the original skc for almost 2 years(?) and havent had to do a swap yet. Can you tell me what all the OTA update has? I heard it is Java compliant or javascript compatible now?Care to explain/tell what it is?

Dodge Trucker said:
Hi there...I have sidekick color 1....and I am about ready to buy SK II becuz I have had the original skc for almost 2 years(?) and havent had to do a swap yet. Can you tell me what all the OTA update has? I heard it is Java compliant or javascript compatible now?Care to explain/tell what it is?
I don't think it's java compliant. A lot of my friends told me that it was java compliant cuz of what they read in their email. However, they read their emails wrong. Heh!

VamPyroX said:
I don't think it's java compliant. A lot of my friends told me that it was java compliant cuz of what they read in their email. However, they read their emails wrong. Heh!
Hmm. Are you hearing?

VamPyroX-

Web browsing is really different now. They let the css style take over. I see more colorful when doing web browsing.

Finally I got my update. It will update to your SK2 by itself. You will feel the vibrate that tell you there is new update and want to install now or later. It will take about 5 minutes to update the first one. Then you will get another update shortly. I got the email from Customer Care. It says:

You have susccessfully downloaded the free Release 2.3 update to your Sidekick II. You are now ready to use the new features in Release 2.3 including:

*Enhanced Web browsing with support for Javascript

*Unlimited remote storage for games and applications

*AIM buddy icons and text message emoticons

Read about all the changes in this update in the online help page:
http://help.sidekick.dngr.com/#updatenotes

Look at this link and it will tell you more information. I know most of you are waiting for the update. T-Mobile says it between now to mid-November. They told me that it automatic select 5,000 users then the next 5,000. It's going to take a while.

Thanks!!

I got the OTA 2.3 all done in tricks of power on and off cycles till 9th times finally got it!

Who still have a OTA 2.0?
1 Log off AIM, Yahoo and TTY (Spring Relay).
2 Power on and off cycles
3 Watch the "7" icon is gulping if doesn't gulping for 2 mins then do power on and off again till you get "7" crazy gulping and leave for 15 to 30 mins then you'll get the pop-up screen for upgrades.

VamPyroX said:
What do you mean by "power on and off cycles"?

Well, it's the power button on the bumper ("C-" icon) or if you failed, you'll have wait they're releasing to all regular customers.

PowerWCRulez said:
Well, it's the power button on the bumper ("C-" icon) or if you failed, you'll have wait they're releasing to all regular customers.
No. I mean... are you saying that we should turn it off and on repeatedly?

VamPyroX said:
No. I mean... are you saying that we should turn it off and on repeatedly?

Yep, when you see the "7" is gulping, if doesn't gulping and do repeatly till you see the "7" goes crazy gulping. :)

yup that correct that what Tmobile told me over the phone last week. I can't wait for my SK to have OTA. Sound so awesome. TDD is would be helpful!! but on aim? ek, sometime AIM isn't working, only phone range work. Oh well.. maybe later on, w ho knows.

VamPyroX said:

Wrong, Sidekick has java in it. Everything you see on sidekick are made by Java. Webbroswer, after the update, allows you to go to some javascript sites. It is pretty nice, you get to see some icons on AIM, stuff like that.

thuD said:
Wrong, Sidekick has java in it. Everything you see on sidekick are made by Java. Webbroswer, after the update, allows you to go to some javascript sites. It is pretty nice, you get to see some icons on AIM, stuff like that.
Finally! I am waiting till someone post about that.

Thanks

Mine just got updated. Not much functional difference except for a few cosmetic changes.

Richard

Back