Sidekick AND Relationship

DelicPumpkPie

Reaction score
Thought to continue this conversation from chatroom from other night about sidekick and relationship---

Lovers, husband and wife, and boyfriend and girlfriends that have sidekicks. It can mess up even dump one person to other.

Example-- if in serious discussion with your loved one or someone who is sidekick owner, that person wont look up and face to you not to sidekick. Even in an arguement.

*smh*

Happened to me and good thing I dumped my partner. I even going to get sidekick sooner but good thing I am good in control with pagers.

Anyone of you experience that? Anything to share to this experience?Good or bad. Just thought of this issue at my work other day. :whistle:

It happens a lot around here. People are afraid to do things up front so they dump the other through Sidekick. Boy, I think they need to get a life if something like that is going to happen. I was talking to one gal and suddenly, she looked at her pager and then started crying. I asked what was wrong and she said that her boyfriend just dumped her. I'm like... "Eh... dumped her through pager? WTF!?"

its an extremely tactlist thing to do, but sometimes poeple dont' wanna face them in person so they use the techologies im a victim of that but u know im glad it was oin the net and not in person i would have lost my temper honestly. but u know not only that in a relationship my partner has a text message cell phone for emergencies and we both don t use it constantly she's only using that to talk to her mom and me, and then use ONLINE PC for her friends. sometimes she ll borrow my SK ( but am giving her mine once i get the sk2 and let her use the sk1 for a while) and she can basically relax when im busy doing something and hang with her frineds but mostly we're always not using the techie stuff cuz of our personal lives we have alot to do in life and we dont always need it. but it does help!

and we agree if we do break up its to be IN PERSON and not on the internet as we would want to discuss the reason and be able to have a clean slate but i doubt we will break up so far so good with our relationship we been together for almost 3 months and no fights at all except one and it was a lame silly fight over the stupid toothpaste LOL ( someone left the toothpaste in the sink ugh found out who it was and we both apologised to each other for beign stupid LOL )

DelicPumpkPie said:
Thought to continue this conversation from chatroom from other night about sidekick and relationship---

Lovers, husband and wife, and boyfriend and girlfriends that have sidekicks. It can mess up even dump one person to other.

Example-- if in serious discussion with your loved one or someone who is sidekick owner, that person wont look up and face to you not to sidekick. Even in an arguement.

*smh*

Happened to me and good thing I dumped my partner. I even going to get sidekick sooner but good thing I am good in control with pagers.

Anyone of you experience that? Anything to share to this experience?Good or bad. Just thought of this issue at my work other day. :whistle:

yes i have noticed that too -- i think its all more common now a days to be dumped via emails or IMs

:hug: Goddess and thanks for a good topic! :thumb:

javapride said:
its an extremely tactlist thing to do, but sometimes poeple dont' wanna face them in person so they use the techologies im a victim of that but u know im glad it was oin the net and not in person i would have lost my temper honestly. but u know not only that in a relationship my partner has a text message cell phone for emergencies and we both don t use it constantly she's only using that to talk to her mom and me, and then use ONLINE PC for her friends. sometimes she ll borrow my SK ( but am giving her mine once i get the sk2 and let her use the sk1 for a while) and she can basically relax when im busy doing something and hang with her frineds but mostly we're always not using the techie stuff cuz of our personal lives we have alot to do in life and we dont always need it. but it does help!

and we agree if we do break up its to be IN PERSON and not on the internet as we would want to discuss the reason and be able to have a clean slate but i doubt we will break up so far so good with our relationship we been together for almost 3 months and no fights at all except one and it was a lame silly fight over the stupid toothpaste LOL ( someone left the toothpaste in the sink ugh found out who it was and we both apologised to each other for beign stupid LOL )

I agree with you, Java. I was dumped via email once, and that really sucked. This person decided they would leave me for someone else, and decided to relay the info via an email. And, I was :shock: just stunned. It also left me feeling very angry, because, the person never did have the curteousy of explaining the reasons behind what they did. It literally was "I'm sorry. But, I'm in love with _____ now. Hope we can still be friends.". I was like :wtf: It's been six years since that happened, and I still find myself wondering what the hell would make someone do that.

So, yes. I agree with you, Java. I think if a person is going to break up with you, they should have the common decency to do it in person.

DelicPumpkPie said:

*smh*

DelicPumpkPie, You have good thought of this share with advers..

Yeah I won't put my firend's name on this.. anyway in Last year, My good friend was female, she and I agreed to meet In and Out burger after i work off, we meet there eat and chat for while before she fly in next day.. She use sidekick, talk to her boyfriend. because she excitied and planned to see her man in next day.. She and Him got argument through sidekick.. later she was cried and cried mean while I was focus on my food I ate and I did not pay attetion on her, what gone wrong with her.. She cried and cried in front of me and even public..He dumped her by sidekick told her about it.. I was like whoa.. I told her, better work out with him before she fly in next day before I zoomed home... its not easy....

i do believe that relationship is more important than SK! it happened to me before.. my ex gf did forcus on sk alike play game and left me out while we were on date out.. i was keep cool and upset abt that.. i cant tell the name here.. sowwy.. :thumbd:

VamPyroX said:
It happens a lot around here. People are afraid to do things up front so they dump the other through Sidekick. Boy, I think they need to get a life if something like that is going to happen. I was talking to one gal and suddenly, she looked at her pager and then started crying. I asked what was wrong and she said that her boyfriend just dumped her. I'm like... "Eh... dumped her through pager? WTF!?"

OH YEA! Thats totally turned off if dump or break up on the pager meaning ashamed to face in the person????

*rme* MEN! :-x no offense!

TweetyBird said:
i do believe that relationship is more important than SK! it happened to me before.. my ex gf did forcus on sk alike play game and left me out while we were on date out.. i was keep cool and upset abt that.. i cant tell the name here.. sowwy.. :thumbd:
:werd: I won't dare to ignore my fiancee and even ingore my kids meantime If i was focus on sidekick more improtant than them... it would be cause problem and more problem..

Sometime, people told me, come and visit their place.. I came over their place.. people who were too focus on sidekick as with 24 hours/7days and talk with me that not much.. I felt waste that I come over their place and there did nothing... I left and went home.. I let them who freaking focus with sk for 24hrs/7days for themselves...

Fly Free said:
yes i have noticed that too -- i think its all more common now a days to be dumped via emails or IMs

:hug: Goddess and thanks for a good topic! :thumb:

RIGHT ON! :thumb: yea! i notice those days right now that people break up on pager OR over the pager reason, REALLY LAME thing to do!!!

*smh*

Glad I am aware of this BEFORE i buy sidekick so i can be prepared!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

:kiss: FF--- thanks!! :)

Oceanbreeze said:
I agree with you, Java. I was dumped via email once, and that really sucked. This person decided they would leave me for someone else, and decided to relay the info via an email. And, I was :shock: just stunned. It also left me feeling very angry, because, the person never did have the curteousy of explaining the reasons behind what they did. It literally was "I'm sorry. But, I'm in love with _____ now. Hope we can still be friends.". I was like :wtf: It's been six years since that happened, and I still find myself wondering what the hell would make someone do that.

So, yes. I agree with you, Java. I think if a person is going to break up with you, they should have the common decency to do it in person.

I wonder same thing about my ex--- if i ever wonder if we will be back to friends again but i KNEW will be adidcted to sidekick *rme* Not wasting my time

TweetyBird said:

*agreeing, nodding* I know--- :) At least you know what to do with YOUR sidekick with your NEW relationship in the future

:hug:

ckfarbes said:
:werd: I won't dare to ignore my fiancee and even ingore my kids meantime If i was focus on sidekick more improtant than them... it would be cause problem and more problem..

Sometime, people told me, come and visit their place.. I came over their place.. people who were too focus on sidekick as with 24 hours/7days and talk with me that not much.. I felt waste that I come over their place and there did nothing... I left and went home.. I let them who freaking focus with sk for 24hrs/7days for themselves...

WHOA! *IMPRESSED* What a wonderful father you are!!!!

ROCK ON AND KEEP IT UP! Not many men do that! ^5 :wiggle:

ckfarbes said:

*nodding* there u are! that why my feeling was hurted.. if i date gf out i would left sk in car and forcus on relationship! geez! thanks for agree with me :hug:

DelicPumpkPie said:
*agreeing, nodding* I know--- :) At least you know what to do with YOUR sidekick with your NEW relationship in the future

:hug:
yup yup! thanks for agree with me!!!! ;)

DelicPumpkPie said:
OH YEA! Thats totally turned off if dump or break up on the pager meaning ashamed to face in the person????

*rme* MEN! :-x no offense!
Hey hey hey...

Women do the same thing!

I went to this party once and this guy was pissed off cuz his girlfriend dumped him and slept with another guy. She told him through his pager. It was something like this. "I think it's over between us because I'm now interested in this other guy and have decided to go steady with him." Grr!

VamPyroX said:
Hey hey hey...

Women do the same thing!

I went to this party once and this guy was pissed off cuz his girlfriend dumped him and slept with another guy. She told him through his pager. It was something like this. "I think it's over between us because I'm now interested in this other guy and have decided to go steady with him." Grr!

:shock: no kidding! WOMEN definitely do that-- HEARTLESS!

*smh*

Other thing Sidekick isn't your GF or BF... iF you are in the relationship with somebody and you are on the pager.. so you are kinda cheating too..

for me, I would not keep going and going on the pager, i only take like top of 5 min on the pager.

DPP -- if u would like -- i refer u to this: http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=11922

this is abt dating and deal breakers -- one of the topics of discussion is abt the sidekick

I've seen alot of times with ppls going through. As for me which I do have SK but I dont rarely use it much only for emergency like if I go on travel I would use it for that, only not for ppls to talk to or use while dating.. Geez. Anyway, I totally agree w/ java..

PurrMeow

Back