Sidekick 3 release date revealed

SilverPanda

Reaction score
According to my source at T-mobile:

SK3 will be released on July 10th and you can start ordering them online starting June 28th.

It will be for fully qualified upgrades, $300 on a 2 year contract and $350 on a 1 year contract. $400 on prepaid.

Fully qualified means 11 or more months of continuous service on a 39.99 single or 69.99 family time plan or higher (not counting add-ons like the SK plan). Months in which you were suspended for any reason don't count toward your tally. If you are on a 2 year, then substitute 22 for 11 months.

The not fully qualified upgrade prices have not been revealed yet. There is no "trade-in" program as of right now. Who knows there may be one when July 10th comes.

One downside to this is that your existing programs, ringtones and downloads will not transfer. Apparently the OS is different enough (like the difference between Windows 3.1 and Win 95) that cross-compatibility was a real issue, so we're not getting any of our stuff transferred. However, my contact is not sure about the address book contacts but he will let me know once he finds out.

YEEEEEEEEES I am serious to buy this! I will try! First, I will look at review if I like it or not. :hyper:

Wonder if I get two with family plan? Just 70 dollars a month I might afford it hopefully.

http://www.hiptop3.com/archives/official-announcment/

Sidekick 3 On Sale Next Week
Yesterday, 11:00 PM source: T-Mobile
T-Mobile today officially announced the Sidekick 3. The latest version is what was shown in FCC filings. New features include EDGE data, Bluetooth, a 1.3 Megapixel camera, music player and Mini SD card slot. Current T-Mobile subscribers will be able to purchase the Sidekick 3 via the web or in two select stores starting June 28. It will be available to the general public July 10. The handset will cost $300 with a 2 year contract, $350 with a 1 year contract, and $400 for prepaid subscribers.

That June 28 date is for existing T-Mobile subscribers only General Pubic sale is on July 10th Yes there will be pre-order to get it on July 10th not June 28th

I dont plan on getting SK3 until T-mobile get down on their knees to offer me a good deal then I might even consider this... :o

I wouldn't hold your breath on this date. They've pushed it back once already.

guido said:
I wouldn't hold your breath on this date. They've pushed it back once already.

They never announced a date before, so there never was an official announcement to push back from. What makes you think they've "pushed it back" before?

This is the first time there was an official announcement. I'm pretty confident they'll release it on the dates they've promised.

Back