Sidekick 3 font size

Soonersseth

Reaction score
I have a friend that just bought SK3 and he cant see well is there any way to increase font size or zoom in while typing and reading e mail, sms, and ect ?

Hmm...that's a good question...I don't have a sk, so I wouldn't know, but there should be some sort of function or setting that will enable those who may not be able to see as good.

Good thread-- ;)

~RR

Well, on my SK2, it isn't possible. Kinda strange, don't ya think.....in this day and age.....

^^Hmm...if that's the case...anyone willing to figure out a way to attach a magnifying glass adapter? ;)

~RR

I have a friend that just bought SK3 and he cant see well is there any way to increase font size or zoom in while typing and reading e mail, sms, and ect ?

ugh?!! I think, same as SK 2 and SK 3. They have all of Email, Internet, sms, Chat AIM.... maybe I had a wrong on my repyling?? cuz I use my sk 2. I havent seen real SK 3

ugh?!! I think, same as SK 2 and SK 3. They have all of Email, Internet, sms, Chat AIM.... maybe I had a wrong on my repyling?? cuz I use my sk 2. I havent seen real SK 3

Fonts size on SK2 and SK 3 is same.

I'm pretty sure there's no way to change the font size on the SK3. I haven't seen any options for it.

You can find inexpensive, small magnifying device (with light) at several stores especially the drugstores.

They do have one for PDAs (Blackberries, iPods, etc) but it is kind of expensive - around fifty dollars.

EDITED to add: Just a thought, have your friend contact the local organisation for the visually-impaired/blind. They probably will provide one for your friend.

Fonts size on SK2 and SK 3 is same.

yes, I think so.. but why asked he about SK3 zoom or size..
maybe he thougt same like VP100 just nothing and new VP200 do have zoom so same with SK2 nothing and SK3 do have zoom too or what???

My german friend have new SK 3 so he told me about SK3. True, SK3 looks cool and beautiful colors, but thing is not totaly change. same like SK2

all I can say... sidekick isn't for eye-problem user.

Should get either blackberry or treo, they have custom on text size.

The answer really depends on their hearing impairment versus vision impairment.

Mobile Speak works pretty well- you can connect a braille
display, or if you've got the hearing for it, simply listen.
It's not cheap though. (500usd)

ZOOMS (magnification) is as far as I know, the only option for
cell phone magnification, but it only supports select nokia phones.
It sells for around 220usd.

Clip on magnifiers work, but it might be difficult to find one for a nonstandard sized phone (ones with qwerty keyboards, for example) A plain old magnifying glass held up to the phone can work, although this can be complicated if they cannot type from memory (it's easy to hold it up to read, but not so much so while typing!)

Failing that, you could always buy a large print or braille tty and deal with the
fact that it's not portable.

Back