Sidekick 2008

Dr. Strangelove

Reaction score
Unsupported Browser

I nearly bought this today, but because I am an existing customer, they wanted me to pay $269, I declined, because I was led to believe I would only need to pay $169(with new contract upon further inspection).
One of the reasons I want to get this newer SK is AIM features Group Chat..

Does anyone know or can tell me if the Slide($99 with contract) or LX have this Group Chat AIM feature?

I currently use a Sidekick ID which does not have the aim Group Chat feature, as far as I know. (if it does, do tell me!)

Also, one of the things T mobile is doing is advertising the SK2008 as being customizable to your liking, but it costs $$ and you will need to go to the site to customize your shell, or pick from their offerings.

I was looking at other devices such as the IPhone 3G(aim apparently signs out if you go to menu/jump to menu), Samsung smart phone with slide out keyboard ($500, $300 with contract), since my current Tmobile contract finishes in September, just before October. One of my options is to wait till my current contract runs out and buy a new phone with the contract discount..

Discuss!

What is this shit? I know this is not SK LX because it says it does video recording

Newer sidekick is the new 'Sidekick' not the LX

It was code named 'Gekko' for a while. Some call it 'Sidekick 2008', but I guess Tmobile's offical name is simply 'sidekick'.. I am considering buying this still, or waiting a couple months to get it for $100 less. Group Chat on AIM is very tempting, because it would be insanely useful for gaming on XBL..

Chuchin, Note that it says 'additional fees may apply', so maybe video capture is purchasable through 'contents'.. Interesting. I'll have to ask a friend of mine who has it. (DEAFIL)

Give it a test and see what is it like, and let us know. You could be our sidekick critic

I happen to know someone on a different forum who runs a website for cellphones. I should ask him about the Sidekicks, and other mobile devices and their aim/video/GPS capablities..

Go to AIM.

While at the screen showing your buddy list, press Menu + J. That will let you join a chat room. :)

Sidekick still sucks and will always suck no matter how much they try. They are no huge improvement at all. Blackberry, iphone and windows mobile phones are wayyy ahead of the sidekick in terms of technology advance.

Go to AIM.

While at the screen showing your buddy list, press Menu + J. That will let you join a chat room. :)

Interestingly enough, I went to the Apple Store, the Genius Bar for assistance. They still could not get into the 'deaf gamers online' chatroom. It seems because it was created by a SK, it is inacessible by my laptop aim. They however were able to join a random chatroom listed on apple.. I use iChat, btw, and a Macbook.

Back