siamese cat

I have had a ferret before with that kind of marking, but I don't think they are labeled as Siamese.

I have had a ferret before with that kind of marking, but I don't think they are labeled as Siamese.

I could be wrong, but I thought various animals with those markings in dark brown to black were called "seal-point."

I could be wrong, but I thought various animals with those markings in dark brown to black were called "seal-point."

I am not sure, I should look up my old ferret book and see if I can find the name. I think you are right. Actually I just looked and it is called color points.

Last edited:

Of course, it's not a breed. It's more like a variety of rat with different markings. There are like hundreds of different varieties.

Of course, it's not a breed. It's more like a variety of rat with different markings. There are like hundreds of different varieties.

Oh yes, I see. They are interesting. I am really a ferret lover, but now I have a little dog with strong drive to hunt , so I can't keep one for fear it would get hurt.

Oh yes, I see. They are interesting. I am really a ferret lover, but now I have a little dog with strong drive to hunt , so I can't keep one for fear it would get hurt.

Awww, I like ferrets too. I do understand that you had to give up due to your dog with desire to hunt.

I love siamese cats. I would like one of my own someday in near future. :) I had a cat that gave birth to bunch of these kittens when I was young.

I also had a siamese rat but she passed away several months ago.

Here is a picture of her.

28e9.jpg

Yes I remember your pictures from other thread of last year. I'm very sorry to know about the loss of your beloved one... :( She is such beautiful animal. How old is she, she died... it could be up to 3 to 4 years... Right?

Yep; my daughter also had mice with Siamese-type points.

Interesting, I never see siamese mouse before. I first saw siamese rat is Sequias's pictures at other thread last year. siamese is such beautiful color.

The "points" refer to the areas that are colored.

The various colors of the points have different names. The points on cats usually are the tail, paws, ears and "mask" of the face.

Some examples of the cat point colors are:

seal (dark brown)

blue

chocolate

lynx (the points are dark stripes)

lilac

Also, the base color can vary.

I've had seal-point, blue-point, and lynx-point cats.

Back