Show off your healthy recipes!

Paleo Spaghetti -- So delicious!

1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
2 large zucchini, cut into julienne strips
1 tsp garlic, minced
3 to 4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
1 pound ground chicken, turkey, or beef (grass-fed preferred)
2 cups Homemade Veggie Tomato Sauce
Additional fresh basil for topping pasta

Instructions:
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place zucchini and garlic in skillet and heat until zucchini is slightly softened. In the last 30 seconds toss with fresh basil. In a separate skillet cook meat of choice until cooked through, making sure to crumble into small pieces. Once meat is cooked through mix in tomato sauce and stir to combine. To plate dish, place zucchini “noodles” in bowl or plate and then top with meat sauce and sprinkle with additional basil.

Wirelessly posted

Stuffed Bellpeppers

4 large bell peppers (depends how much you like to make)

1 lbs Turkey ground meat

1/3 cup chopped onion

1 garlic clove (powder optional)

1 can of tomato sauce

Boil the Bellpeppers make sure the top and seeds are removed.

Cook the meat with chopper onions and garlic until brown pour tomato sauce.

After, get the boiled Bellpeppers stuff them and put them in the oven for 15 -20 minutes end of the bake put shredded mozzarella cheese.

Very good!

This sounds good. I'm gonna try this out! I'll use the homemade veggie tomato sauce instead of the canned tomato sauce.

Wirelessly posted

Jolie77 said:
Wirelessly posted

Stuffed Bellpeppers

4 large bell peppers (depends how much you like to make)

1 lbs Turkey ground meat

1/3 cup chopped onion

1 garlic clove (powder optional)

1 can of tomato sauce

Boil the Bellpeppers make sure the top and seeds are removed.

Cook the meat with chopper onions and garlic until brown pour tomato sauce.

After, get the boiled Bellpeppers stuff them and put them in the oven for 15 -20 minutes end of the bake put shredded mozzarella cheese.

Very good!

This sounds good. I'm gonna try this out! I'll use the homemade veggie tomato sauce instead of the canned tomato sauce.

I like that homemade veggie sauce recipe , post it!

Wirelessly posted

VacationGuy234 said:
Depends on what you mean by "healthy". I'm doing a cyclical ketogenic diet currently.

Dinner tonight was:
lean ground beef, baked till done, with a bit of raw spinach and cheese stuffed inside and topped with 1.5 slices of turkey bacon. Shaped like a burger

Like... 7 Brussels sprouts cut in half, tossed in olive oil/salt/pepper/crushed red pepper, then roasted in the oven at 350 for about 30 minutes.

About a cup of raw spinach tossed with a teaspoon of cheese and dressing made with crushed garlic, olive oil, rice vinegar, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper

It all fit into my macros for fat/protein/carbs and came out to about 12 carbs for the meal

I think I will try this, but I'm going to substitute the cheese to be fat free and the olive oil for extra virgin to reduce the fat content and burn off rate.

Your recipe is just right for this thread :)

Wirelessly posted

Tuna Salad

2 tuna can

1/3 cup chopped onions

1:4 cup of cilantro

1 lemon

1 cup of plain Greek yogurt

Combine all together in a bowl add hard boiled eggs optional.

You can add this in a salad , tasty

gonna try that next week when my mum visits

While the rice is cooking in pot (or other microwave) do the curry salmon

Curry Salmon:

1 tin salmon (here it is 210 g of canadian pink salmon in tin)
2 desert spoon brown sugar
2 desert spoon cornflour
1 cup milk
1 cup water
2 teaspoon curry powder

all in batter bowl
stir
microwave 2 mins , stir a bit, 2 mins again, stir again, then 1 min

leave for 1 min to cool and thicken

spread rice evenly all over plate, dop some curry salmon on top, like a Thai dinner

you can add chopped hard-boiled eggs on top if you like

Enjoy

Wirelessly posted

Cauliflower salad

One large cauliflower take cut into large or small pieces let them boil until soften. After you boil put Into a large boil. Smash it add a dash of pepper and one cup of sour cream and add green onion . Let it chill for 30 mins serve.

This an old weight watcher recipe I learned on the job. It substitutes potato salad.

Wirelessly posted

Grummer said:
While the rice is cooking in pot (or other microwave) do the curry salmon

Curry Salmon:

1 tin salmon (here it is 210 g of canadian pink salmon in tin)
2 desert spoon brown sugar
2 desert spoon cornflour
1 cup milk
1 cup water
2 teaspoon curry powder

all in batter bowl
stir
microwave 2 mins , stir a bit, 2 mins again, stir again, then 1 min

leave for 1 min to cool and thicken

spread rice evenly all over plate, dop some curry salmon on top, like a Thai dinner

you can add chopped hard-boiled eggs on top if you like

Enjoy

This is good:) have fun making tuna salad for mom.

I feel bad about reading threads like this when I have a cake with my name on it waiting for me in the kitchen....and I've spent the morning working out with the weights......

Laura

St Dalfour is a line of foods from France and I get cases of their jams sent by Amazon.
They come in 1 oz jars, and they are completely natural. Not made with added sugar, it seems any extra sweetening is grape juice.

It's fun to have gluten free toast with jam that is really just a fruit serving.

Expensive though. But might try it.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

Lau2046 said:
I feel bad about reading threads like this when I have a cake with my name on it waiting for me in the kitchen....and I've spent the morning working out with the weights......

Laura

Don't feel bad , cake is always good to eat once in awhile lol

Enjoy :)

How does everyone incorporate exercise into their diet regimen? I use a book I got online for cheap by trainer Kim Lyons’ “Your Body, Your Life.” It shows a number of good exercises – both cardio and weight lifting routines, to help tone and get into shape. Obviously if you’re not exercising, it doesn’t matter how good your diet is, you won’t get the maximum results that diet and exercise get provide. I find for myself, it’s hard to find the time during the week for my workout so I play catch up on the weekend. The fact that I only have a half hour for lunch and work out of state doesn’t help….

Wirelessly posted

I like that homemade veggie sauce recipe , post it!

Homemade Veggie Sauce
-

1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 sweet onion (or yellow onion)
39 ounces crushed tomatoes (1 – 25 ounce can plus 1-14 ounce can)*
2 zucchini
2 yellow squash
2 cup fresh spinach
1 – 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes*
1/2 baked sweet potato
1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
3 to 4 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
1/2 cup Vegetable (or chicken) broth
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:
Steam zucchini and yellow squash until soft.
In the bowl of a food processor, blend zucchini, yellow squash, 2 cups spinach, diced tomatoes, sweet potato and herbs. In a large pot, saute onion and garlic in 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil until soft. Add crush tomatoes to the pot and stir to combine. Then stir in the blended veggie tomato mixture and broth and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Bring sauce to a simmer and use with vegetables or protein. Makes about 3 - 28 ounce jars of sauce. Sauce can be placed in freezer bags and frozen for later use.

How does everyone incorporate exercise into their diet regimen?

When I catch myself saying this I ask myself a few questions.. Did I sleep 10 extra minutes, watch a tv show, surf the web, lingered over a cup of coffee, had an afternoon nap? If I did any of these... then I certainly had time to exercise. You have to make time... even though it might suck.

Wirelessly posted

Fish taco sauce:

I cup of plain yogurt

1/2 cup of light mayo

1/3 cummin

1 lemon for it's juice
Cilantro

Last edited:
This is by no means my recipe, but I've used it a lot and it's really really good. It is a bit weird though :)

Here is the link to the recipe. Be warned though, there is a small amount of bad words in there.... Behold, the Meat Slop!

Meat Slop

i reading coconut oil remedy for everything including weight loss google it,most intresting...i was taking achia berry and was loosing weight i stop them and putting weight back not sure if coincedece or they really do work

This is by no means my recipe, but I've used it a lot and it's really really good. It is a bit weird though :)

Here is the link to the recipe. Be warned though, there is a small amount of bad words in there.... Behold, the Meat Slop!

Meat Slop

That sounds pretty friggin awesome!! I'm using this one!

Absolutely.. chop everything up and throw it into the pot, add water. Best meals ever :)

Meat Slop

I'm about to go to the grocery store, I'm getting the stuff to make this and going to make a batch for my lunches for this week. I think I'm going to divide the recipe by half though, that's sounds like too much for me lol.

Back