Shouldn't we........

Spell Checker

Eh. I'd just leave it that way...I like seeing the different writing styles y'all have, and have adopted some shorthand...and I know I've given some shorthand of mine out...so leave it be. Who in the fook cares anyway? I don't! All of ya got unique styling, be proud of it.

Love,
DD :greddy:

Levonian said:
. . . Uh, if I might change the subject a bit and address another issue—is it really necessary to quote a person’s entire post, smilies and all, when replying?....
:gpost: . . . and you can see that I am a big fan of the ellipsis. :)

And if I may change the subject even further, just suppose that we are restricted to just the missionary position. There would STILL be bitchings that some are doing it the wrong way.

javapride said:
well i make typos and i know people here know i typo all the time, its not abt the grammars. NO ONE IS PERFECT so let it go please, cuz not many really cares abt that thier here to have fun not to be scolded on our typing grammar plms!

I have to agree with Java on this one. I know a lot of my posts appear sloppy, and have grammatical errors in them. I have a hard time expressing myself through writing, so when I type something, I worry most about content rather than grammar and punctuation. To make matters worse, I am also dyslexic. I do my best to correct any obvious mistakes I make before I send my posts, or I will often edit my posts after sending. I DO try to make my posts readable, but I am NOT gonna fuss about every misplaced comma, because if I did, I'd be here for DAYS.

We are not in grad school writing a thesis for graduation. This is an informal forum where we can come together and express our ideas. Therefore, I think we can cut each other some slack. Doncha think? :)

Sabrina said:
Hi Liza

How could you write Norwegian language? Do they use English language?

I am curious. :)

Nei, jeg skriver ikke på engelsk når jeg bruker norsk. :thumb:

Translation: No, I don't write in english when I use norwegian.

Now, there are some who might say I am too wordy...
And for the record, I don't care if there's a misspelled word here and there. It's enough if you can make yourself understood at least. :) People can always ask if they dont understand. DM has a good point... this is an opportunity to improve one's grammar if one chooses to look at it as such. I'm sure Tousi and others would be glad to help out. LOL

Oceanbreeze said:
We are not in grad school writing a thesis for graduation. This is an informal forum where we can come together and express our ideas. Therefore, I think we can cut each other some slack. Doncha think? :)

thats VERY TRUE.. i tend to use shortcuts with my friends, in forums, etc.. but when it comes to writing professionally like for school papers, formal letters, etc... i use the proper grammar skills such as capitalizations, use punctuations, write the whole word out instead of using abbrevs such as u, cuz, etc...

Teacher Tousi, how am I doing with my spelling and grammar?? :mrgreen:

Back