Should We Refuse the Bailout for the BIG 3?

Should We Refuse the Bailout for the Big 3?

• 1. Refuse the bailout for them!

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • 2. Yes to bailout for them!

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 3. Not so sure?!

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

web730

Reaction score
Should we refuse the bailout for the Big 3? (US automakers)

1. Refuse the Bailout for them!

2. Yes to bailout for them!

3. Not so sure?!

I'm not sure but why did the executives use a private jet to lobby for this? I agree with someone on the news who said it was like having finely dressed peeps going to a soup kitchen begging for help. That does not look good at all.

Yes to bailout with regulation, build any gas guzzlers will not counted on bailout and need learn how to treat consumers so fairly.

I voted yes that we should refuse to bail out the Big Three because I think they should file for bankruptcy protection.

How are the Japanese car makers in US are doing well while the Big Three are struggling? I read some news articles which pointed to bad management styles and poor quality of cars that the Big Three have suffered.

I voted not for sure. I know nothing about bankrupt and bailout between. I should to learn.

I'm not sure but why did the executives use a private jet to lobby for this? I agree with someone on the news who said it was like having finely dressed peeps going to a soup kitchen begging for help. That does not look good at all.

Apparently it was mentioned that it was a security issue and that is why they fly private jets to DC.

The interesting thing is....do any of us know who the executives are? Because we probably wouldn't know if they sat next to us in coach!

I voted not for sure. I know nothing about bankrupt and bailout between. I should to learn.

If you are really hardcore lovely of America then you need support them because they are American automakers.

If all of 3 big companies are bankrupt then we could facing more severe recession and new record of high unemployment rate, is it scary...

I voted no. The big three have to stop making the vehicles that don't sell and close down the factories to those vehicles, that way they will not burn up so much money to make them. Also, they need to make worldwide models with minor design which will cost less to make and regulate. Like for example, the Honda Civic is a worldwide model and they don't have much to modify and the design of the car is basically the same, just different engines, different interior, etc....exterior is generally the same and the parts are interchangable too. That is why foreign car companies are booming and have no problem with the debt. Notice the foreign countries don't have a Ford Enocoline van? That is why they lose so much money to make just for this country, not a worldwide Ford van. I appaud Dodge that made the smart move to bring the worldwide van which Mercedes make and rebranded it to Dodge Sprinter since it's a worldwide van. Look how popular it is now? It saves gas, has great styling, has tall versions to help reduce back aches, etc.

I guess they have now been told by the government to get their act together.

my vote says no

many million stars in california can afford include private jets,airport,etc for pays cash what needs for travels in states and country also.

very careful as for bankrupt and also encomony but must pays from goverment every month or every years chose they dont lose it!

to be honest, i'm not sure how i feel about this. on the one hand, i don't think the big 3 should be bailed out. on the other, i realize that if we don't help them get out of debt, it could cause serious consequences for our economy which is already poor and on the verge of recession.

Michael Moore mentioned the excesses that the auto industry was spending 20 years ago in the movie, " Roger & Me. "

Guess some things have never changed.

Michael Moore mentioned the excesses that the auto industry was spending 20 years ago in the movie, " Roger & Me. "

Guess some things have never changed.

Excesses as in what? Forgive me I haven't watch that movie but would like for you to elaborate what youre talking abt.

Excesses as in what? Forgive me I haven't watch that movie but would like for you to elaborate what youre talking abt.

There were no checks & balances in the auto industry and Michael Moore wanted to talk about that with Roger in the movie, 'Roger & Me".

He also wanted to know why the workers were getting laid off and why the executives were getting big-hefty pay raises, etc.

Interestingly enough--Toyota is paying $ 35 million dollars for all of it's executives company wide.

GM is paying over $ 20 million for one executive.

I'm also starting to think that the unions are partially to blame as well.

Interestingly enough--Toyota is paying $ 35 million dollars for all of it's executives company wide.

GM is paying over $ 20 million for one executive.

I'm also starting to think that the unions are partially to blame as well.

Jeebus. Good Riddance. Honest I think they shld declare bankrupt then go back to draw board and learn from other automaker how to have success.

I own toyota matrix so I dont give jack about America automaker :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back