Should We file Lawsuits against NTID?

Never mind. Not worth it. Just suffice it to say that this is not an ADA matter.

That is true, but honestly, NTID consistently get worse qualified services than RIT counterpart. Beside, it is still a legal matter that is worth discussing.

Huh? It's not their problem that you didn't like their college. Many college people experience not so good colleges not just NTID. I am not in the circle of favorism or legacies. Money is in your interest just because you think you can try.

Leave the lawyers attend to more important cases.

(Mod's edit: removed inappropriate word), do you even attend RIT/NTID yourself? Do you realized how severe and crucial it is to lose your LIFE (SSN) in the hand of unknown criminal? Does that thought even scared you? Imagine what is the uproar could be if it i happens in Gallaudet.

It is not just about the money, (Mod's edit: another word removed), for I, among countless students, lost our identifications.

Are you Nat's sister or brother?:hmm:

Who?

Just a question - How is it related to the ADA issue? Are you referring to the laptop situation that recently occurred at NTID/RIT? Or are you referring to any kind of accommodations which u were denied of or what? Can you clarify this?

Is there a legal advice that I can attend ?

The bottom line is that we (RIT/NTID alumnis) are pretty much screwed. We cannot sit back idly and let RIT/NTID get off of the hook within the statute of limitation.

Actions need to be taken.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is true, but honestly, NTID consistently get worse qualified services than RIT counterpart. Beside, it is still a legal matter that is worth discussing.

(Mod's edit: removed inappropriate word), do you even attend RIT/NTID yourself? Do you realized how severe and crucial it is to lose your LIFE (SSN) in the hand of unknown criminal? Does that thought even scared you? Imagine what is the uproar could be if it i happens in Gallaudet.

It is not just about the money, (Mod's edit: another word removed), for I, among countless students, lost our identifications.

Who?

Is there a legal advice that I can attend ?

The bottom line is that we (RIT/NTID alumnis) are pretty much screwed. We cannot sit back idly and let RIT/NTID get off of the hook within the statute of limitation.

Actions need to be taken.

I am also an individual that has been affected by this situation at NTID/RIT and I hear you loud and clear.

But before running off to the nearest lawyer office to file a lawsuit, my first question is: what identification have you lost? Did you go ahead and alert your credit card companies for fraud alert?

You haven't lost your identification unless the perpetrators have utilized your identification.

Also, I am not happy about the school holding onto personal information on us from 1968 but you have to remember that they are federally funded by the government and may be using our statistics for funding purposes to ensure the continuing success of NTID.

I'm sure that this will settle down, hopefully soon with an arrest of the individual and with our records back in safe hands.

Oooooh, watch your language. No, I wasn't a student, but I was one of the person that my bank debit info was stolen. I was notified immediately, and I did everything they told me to do. Same RIT is doing.

I believe you wanted your tuition back for your worse college experience. You stated so. How is that AT ALL related to your identification being stolen? Looks to me you want some of the wealth share. No one's gonna take you seriously.

So, why are you listening to us if your gonna spread junk? Go on and make a lawsuit. So far no one seems to think your case is of serious need to sue. Hey, you asked for our opinions.

I protect myself by subscribing to companies like lifelock. Takes a load off my mind. Just use common sense and sign up for the fraud alert for free yourself at your credit reporting bureaus. Sure is a pain in the ass though.

From what I heard, the stolen info was due to an employee's stupidity of keeping everything on a laptop that got stolen. Either this person is at blame for real or is just a scrapegoat covering up bigger problems at NTID. What we can demand is a thorough invesigation into this... dunno about a lawsuit.

I wouldn't worry about filing a lawsuit because RIT/NTID is already working on this laptop problem. If my info was compromised, I'd hear from RIT.

Not worth it... Because there is no case. No full details... we cannot decide what is best for you.

I will write this case off as lost cause.

YOU and only you can do it IF, this is a big if, your information has been used without you being notified.

But, you've been informed about it and your information hasn't been used and have you talked to your credit agency about your info being stolen, if not, the court would simply say YOU ARE IRRESPONSIBLE. Simple.

I wouldn't worry about filing a lawsuit because RIT/NTID is already working on this laptop problem. If my info was compromised, I'd hear from RIT.

Shown above are a couple of examples of some of the comments posted in this thread, where like some of the others pointed out, it's not as simple as it sounds...

I'd also like to add that R.I.T / NTID has stated that they were sorry for the inconvenience it has caused and all that. I'm kinda thinking "That's a little easy for them to say..."

Not worth it... Because there is no case. No full details... we cannot decide what is best for you.

I will write this case off as lost cause.

Whose 'we' ?

Shown above are a couple of examples of some of the comments posted in this thread, where like some of the others pointed out, it's not as simple as it sounds...

I'd also like to add that R.I.T / NTID has stated that they were sorry for the inconvenience it has caused and all that. I'm kinda thinking "That's a little easy for them to say..."

I know what you mean--I think it would've been a nice gesture on NTID/RIT's part in not only notifying us in regards to the stolen laptop but to notify the credit bureau's on our behalf to save us the time and headache of listening to....."Push 1 if you are reporting fraud on your credit report. Push 2 to enter your mailing address. Sorry that number isn't recognized! Please try again. Again the number isn't recognized. ( Like I don't know my own mailing address. :roll: ) Good-Bye!"

I don't think notifying customers is enough when their data is stolen or lost, they should offer them 5+ years of credit monitoring service plus FREE credit counseling if someone indeed did use your stolen ID for unauthorized use. If my info got stolen due to company's careless handling of data, why should I spent countless of hours trying to clean their mess (loss of wage, loss of time, etc), they should be doing this for us.. And pay us any damages due to credit score being hurt (higher interests, loss job, increased car insurance, loss of job, etc..).. Bottom line, company MUST pay for damage, not just giving notification and/or free 1 year monitoring.

Back