Should we censor TV at all ?

Malfoyish said:
Pssst.

I'm a dudette. :)
I dont even understand why some girls has to sound like guys in the first place... :roll:

but okay....DUDETTE!

Well, all you have to do is ask Angel...she's seen me in the flesh, and I'm sure she can tell you that I'm nothing like a man! :)

Malfoyish

Bullshit or not, I know that TV shows will have to look to use commercials to pay for captioning. It's not that hard to do!

Malfoyish said:
Well, all you have to do is ask Angel...she's seen me in the flesh, and I'm sure she can tell you that I'm nothing like a man! :)

Malfoyish

Yep ...She is 100% a female!...and a cute one too! :D

Deaf258 said:
Bullshit or not, I know that TV shows will have to look to use commercials to pay for captioning. It's not that hard to do!

Absolutely.....*dumping out my pennies out of this huge jug*....There... it's not hard to do!... :fruit:

Hmm.. I haven't seen tv for a year. Well, I do watch sport tv at bar club... at my friend house... no big deal. I can always read newspaper (old way) to tell me what is going on. :)

Hello y'all!
>
> As much as I hate to inform you of the bad news that a friend of mine who forwarded an email to me regarding Closed Captioned issue. The Bush administration are considering to reduces the use of Closed Captioned ONLY to Educational & newscasts purposes. Granted that we Deaf/ H.H. fellow citizens have enjoys the same privilieges as our hearing counterpart to access to freedom of informations. Now we are being threaten to have our equal rights to recieves and processes the informations.......that is the use of our closed captioned on all media usage to be severely reduced back to being the so-called "DEAFSTONE".....a throwback to the late '70s when we were only granted a small access to have televised national news with closed captioned. They are justifying the reduction of our closed captioned needs in media as cost - cutting purposes that the Administration have made grants to NCIC and now decided to act on reducing the grants that we DEAFIES needed it so BAD! It's another hidden agenda the Bush administration using this as an excuses to cover the expenses of the war in Iraq and other things that causes our national deficit hitting waaaay over the roof!
> Remember my fellow Deaf/HH, it's we, the taxpayers, paid our taxes to request to have closed captions availability in all media fields and it's an insult to an already injury to us Deafies who suffered the most when it comes to reduction of our need of equal access to communications & information acquisitions. Think about it,....it's your liberty is at stake! Don't let them get away with repressing us with this inexcusable agenda!! Seriously!!
> I urge you who recieved this email to PLEASE sign-up the petition to protect our very precious freedom of information we take for granted,......if not,...well then, we'll left in the dark not knowing what is going on in the media. IS THIS THE DIRECTION WE WANNA GO TO?? Please take this matter seriously! Thank you for your attention to this matter.
> Please sign the petition at this website;
> WWW.petitiononline.com/ctv02790
> Once again, thank you for your time & take care!

sometime, the company do wish to place CC as they show the support. I happen to know about first place on NBC when there is several high staffs have friends who happen to be hearing impaired or relative to family. They show great support to have CC on the network, no matter. Practice seen all great tv show(s) come with CC available.

c'mon guys...if they are trying to remove capitons, then they should've done it sooner! Otherwise, if that REALLY happens, I put my heart and faith for in the world of deafness to fight for our rights in the world of information age.

I know two families who don't allow kids to watch tv or internet. :shock:

Guess what? These kids turn into great healthful life with fine marriage and jobs. Weird. I get feel that they are from "Blast from the Past", the movie.

I prefer to watch CC on TV at anytime anyday.... it'll be sadden if they take some CC away from tv... it mean more deaf social time and less tv watching :) back to old times (before I was born heh)

pimpdaddyposse said:
I prefer to watch CC on TV at anytime anyday.... it'll be sadden if they take some CC away from tv... it mean more deaf social time and less tv watching :) back to old times (before I was born heh)

Deaf Social is better. :nana: It give you a life!

illustrator said:
wow, that's an insult that I doesn't appericate with your unprofessional post.
You are show an uneducation who use poor language to offense the people.

By the way, President doesn't have the power. What else who have power enough to remove Nixon from being the president?
accually there's 3 different branch of power... 33% from president 33% from U.S. senate and house of reps. 33% from U.S. superme court...

DeafSCUBA98 said:
accually there's 3 different branch of power... 33% from president 33% from U.S. senate and house of reps. 33% from U.S. superme court...
And... the 1% is me! :thumb:

Back