"Should the classroom base on gender?"

Do you agree that boys and girls should be seperated in classroom in schools?

• Yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Doesnt matter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

quiet gal

Reaction score
*Boys and Girls learn in different ways.
*It will increase self- confidence in children.
*Females may feel comfortable in math and science as for boys may be more confortable in language arts and social studies.
*Less chance for boys *eyes off from girls* and able to pay attention in class
*I would agree in certain class like Language arts, social studies, science and math) but in other classes can be coed.

I recieve the paper from my son's school and I have to fill out the questions, but thought I would share with you.

1. Did you ever feel shy or embarrassssed being around the opposite sex in schools? Why?

2. Would you have felt more comfortable being in a gender based classroom? Why?

3. Has your child expressed at home that they are distracted during class time?

4. Do you feel that your child will benefit from being in a gender based classroom? Why or Why not?

let hear the input from members ~~ The website I got from my son's school. Interesting!

http://www.singlesexschools.org/

I think that schools should be mixed, not single-sex. If we make them single-sex, everyone will be like Beavis & Butthead.

*chick walks in room*
Beavis: "Whoa, Butthead! Look at that chick!"
Butthead: "Yeah... heh heh heh! Look... BOOBS. She has BOOBS!"
Beavis: "Uh huh huh... heh heh! BOOBS!"
*chicks bumps into Butthead*
Butthead: "OMG! I touched her BOOBS with my back!"
*Butthead passes out*

VamPyroX said:
I think that schools should be mixed, not single-sex. If we make them single-sex, everyone will be like Beavis & Butthead.

*chick walks in room*
Beavis: "Whoa, Butthead! Look at that chick!"
Butthead: "Yeah... heh heh heh! Look... BOOBS. She has BOOBS!"
Beavis: "Uh huh huh... heh heh! BOOBS!"
*chicks bumps into Butthead*
Butthead: "OMG! I touched her BOOBS with my back!"
*Butthead passes out*

Ha ha Are you one of either Butthead or Beavis, eh ? :lol:

I'm Butthead. VamPyroX is Beavis.

Heheheheheheheh cornholio heheheheheheh.

I like South Park and Family Guy better.

No. I do not want to go back to "separate but equal" schooling for any reason, be it gender, race, religion, or sexual preference. Besides, I really don't see how separating the schools or classes by gender will improve HOMEWORK and TEACHING, which is what prevents the pupils from achieving their best in the first place.

should be equal so both girl / boys can learning from each other. .. they re only learning the same way from teacher. Nothing to be bothered!

I don't think that's a good idea-- because then it will encourage the awkward reintroduction when both sexes join in a co-ed classroom-- in an university??? or in high school?? my god, that would be horrible-- because both sexes wouldn't know how to handle their newfounded sexual feelings-- and possibly lead to bad choices because they were not trained to interact and treat each other as peers.
It possibly leads to immature interactions where boys won't know their manners and girls don't know what to do if being sexually harassed/assaulted.
And it could curb one's ability to interact with people if one was excluded from a group of opposite sex and later in life, one will stick with homosocial milieus where one may develop a stereotypical ideal of what a member of opposite sex is like.

I attended an all girls school and loved it because there was no pressure from males in terms of academics, socializing or flirting. But yes, it made me very shy and sheltered when I entered a coed school - I wasnt equipped to handle such pressure or whatnot. It took me many years to learn how to talk to a guy. :ugh2: :lol:

Both has pros and cons so it is hard to say.

I know several women who attended all-girl public and private high schools and colleges, and they had no social adjustment problems. In fact, my mom attended all-girl public high school, and she was a very popular social person.

I think it would be a nice option if people want it.

I did very well in all Black colleges than colleges mix whites and blacks.

1. No, I always been myself.

2. Yes because boys were trying to make my self esteem low. And I wouldn't be thinking about sex, but I would be focus on education and career.

3. I have no children, but if I do, I would be satisfy if child be in all one gender school, not have worry about unwanted pregnancy or stds.

4. Yes children will be benefit... They will do well in school. If CSUN or Gallaudet were for all female students, my life would be so much better and I would get any college degree I want and graduate earlier... Without being disturb by males.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
3. I have no children, but if I do, I would be satisfy if child be in all one gender school, not have worry about unwanted pregnancy or stds.

That is not true. I have gone to all girls school and many girls had boyfriends from another school. School is not 24/7....kids still hang out at clubs or parties after school or on weekends and can still worry about pregnancy or stds.

I think it's fine if you put your child in coed class when in Elementary school.

However, when it's Grade 7, I'll do my best to place my 'future' kids into single sex high school because I believe they'll function better as well learned a lot academically.

As for awkward time meeting girls or guys. Well, it'd happen regardless of where you went, but they'd have some idea as how to be around each other based on their previous association in elementary school. Also there's always parties and socials where they'll learn. Plus they'd have some understanding because they'll have siblings, and friends to teach them.

In Australia, 12th graders, every year, had huge exams and their grades'd reflect on the school's academic standard and their reputation.

The result? single sex schools did so well over the coed schools.

Overall, it's up to the parents as well students to decide coed or single schools.

Back