Should marijuana be legalized in the U.S.?

Steel said:
Yes weed is a real plant like taccabco is part of a plant too...

you see, in other countries like comublia (sp?) eh it's one of the middle eastern countries...anyway, it has one of the largest taccabco growing farms and yet, there been so many wars going on there because marijuana and other related drugs are pretty dangerous and obiviously can kill a person whom could likely lose control once using it and then in the next mintue, the person commits sucide by using the drugs too much. they are like a chemical weapon.

so there are many reasons that such drugs like marijuana should be outlawed, while there are few reasons that marijuana should be legalized.

1. Weed is not in same catergory as tobacco.
2. US have the largest tobacco growing farms.
3. 0.05% of colombia grows tobaccos.
4. marijuana can kill a person? please look up on that again.
5. how can you compare drugs with chemical weapon?

Personally, I think that marijuana is just a harmless smoking alternative compared to cigarette. People dont smoke ten joints a day like they do with cigarette. It is possible to be responsible while smoking marijuana substance, just like drinking alcohol.

Steel said:
I suppose my vote's "no" because you could lose control once you use it...it just seem too much, if you ask me.

surely it is a drug, but I think there are other soultions to do than just doing that kind of pot.

you dont lose control when youre smoking marijuana. Obviously, you dont know much about cannabis.

Medical purpose.
1. Its a pain relief.
2. It dont make you lose control, (some people with serious case of add or adhd smokes it)
3. increased appetite (for people with disorder who dont have any appetites)
4. increased awareness of senses

I remembered reading one article in medical journal that marijuana do not kill brain cells, they just simulate and slow them down instead.

carmelo anthony said:
You know what I think? You all NEED to be educated. I'm not going to say whether marijuana should be legal or not. But the fact of matter is.... YOU all need to shut up about this plant that god made... only god itsself knows the exact reason why it was grown here on Earth.

Marijuana is not a drug. it's a god-made plant. enough said.

Chill out.. we all are having fun to discuss about this. that's what message board is all about. we won't shut up or be quiet.. We would continue.. i dont care if one of us have lack of education about the weed. As long as we listen to each other and see each ohter of our points.

Just relax, sit back and read or if you can't stand that we are uneducated then walk out from this board.

Liebling:-))) said:
To me, Drugs is an addictive, not "habit". Look my sister...

My sister refused to admit that she´s drug addcit. She kept saying that she can quit what she want to.

I know alot of people who never admit that they are addict to drugs & acholic.

What I say in my opinion stay unchanged. I know what I say because of my sister. She´s not only one but I know others, too.

Pyschological addictive and Physically addictive is two whole different thing. She choose to make marijuana into one of her bad habit. Just like myself, but I know that I can be responsible with it.

apkeats26 said:
You know what else was in God's garden....the apple that Adam and Eve ate, after that, they screwed up everything for us. Do you really think that EVERYTHING on the earth is for us to smoke, drink, or eat?

And by admitting that God exists...since it's Gods garden, you admit that God exists, and if you admit that God exists, than you must admit that he has standards and rules to live by, and if you don't, you'll burn in hell.

Drugs are definitely not on Gods plan for your life.

And if you are thinking "It's cruel of God to send me to hell for not obeying his rules" Go jump off the building, would it be cruel for gravity to take it's place? But no! I Don't belive that gravity exists, therefore it doesn't! Go take a jump...and see me in the morning, because obviously, gravity doesn't exist, because you said it doesn't.

1. whoa take it easy, youre wrong about us going to hell if we dont follow god's rule. According to the bible, you only can go to heaven if you believe in him. Everyone know that god forgives everyone.

2. Well, god didnt forbid eve to smoke marijuana, he only forbidded her to eat the apple off one certain tree.

3. gravity exists based on the fact of the science obviously.

apkeats26 said:
In all honesty, all I hear now from the crowd that wants to legalize weed is BS.

To those of you who actually do weed, you aren't setting a standard for youself, of course it's safe to you! Do you really think that you would condemn something that you yourself do??? It's stupid! I have morals, and I have standards, and all of those are held to something other than myself or others.

Just because everybody smokes weed, doesn't mean that it should be legalized, that's just one more nail in the coffin of the USA if it get's legalized.

I know people who do different sorts of drugs, and they all think that it's perfectly fine, "Sure I do pot, but it's those heroin users that are screwed up" that's so stupid.

Where are the morals and beliefs that this country was founded on? They are being flushed down the drain by people that believe that truth is relative, and that we are over God.

first of all, its the government that's full of BS. First they had a progranda saying that marijuana kills, which is like dropping a hair on water.

Youre right that if everyone smokes weed, it doesnt mean it need to be legalized. From what I have seen some people couldnt smoke responsibly, all they do is smoke and slack off, I am way opposite of that.

You should compare herion user with marijuana user, you will be amazed on how different they are.

Are you saying that everyone should have same morals and beliefs that country is based on? I strongly disagree, that would make country so uniform. that sounds like a communism.

If you want to legalize it, as long you don't bring either cigs or joints into stores, resturants, public places, fine.

Why?

Because I don't like to smell smoke nor inhale it.

Banjo said:
If you want to legalize it, as long you don't bring either cigs or joints into stores, resturants, public places, fine.

Why?

Because I don't like to smell smoke nor inhale it.

I am a cigarette smoker as well too, I find it unusual that I dont like it when someone is smoking in resturanuts or inclosed areas.

Frisky Feline said:
Chill out.. we all are having fun to discuss about this. that's what message board is all about. we won't shut up or be quiet.. We would continue.. i dont care if one of us have lack of education about the weed. As long as we listen to each other and see each ohter of our points.

Just relax, sit back and read or if you can't stand that we are uneducated then walk out from this board.

What he is saying is that its not ok for people to give other people wrong kind of informations. Fact and Opinion is two whole different things, you cant just have opinion on how it affect physically. Of course each person have their own moral about marijuana topics, you cant just walk around saying that marijuana kills people which they dont. Its like saying handgun dont kill but user kills.

speaking of my post, I noticed that the funny thing is that US permits handgun. Its more lethal than marijuana itself.

apkeats26 said:
You know what else was in God's garden....the apple that Adam and Eve ate, after that, they screwed up everything for us.

Apple ? It didn't say in the bible, except the word "fruit"....... :D

carmelo anthony said:
only a retard would say that.

Watch Out what you said. It´s not very nice of you to offence AD members with those words.

We are free to voice our opinions, thank you.

CyberRed
Apple ? It didn't say in the bible, except the word "fruit".......

Yes, true.

I think marijuana should be legalized as the government can benefit from the rewards such as:

lower prision population
less funds spent on the war against drugs
less police funds
no more drug dealers as they will lose out on the legalization as pot will be more cheaper and available in stores, less conflicts on the streets?

do you see drug dealers selling ciggies? No because its pointless- so legalize marijuana.

My 2 cent

Hey, tell ya all this! Law is always made to be broken, NO MATTER WHAT! The more law there it is, these encourages people to break to satisfy their curiousity.. I have good point here... Before 1912, there was no such drug law exists, of course there is handful number of people got hooked on cocaine, and other dope. Then church people protest and made our government pass the law prohibit drugs, then Alcohol in 1918. Guess what happened? Black market was born! Mafia find it profitable to bootlegging alcohol. Murder skyrocket serious crime skyrocket. Until FDR wants to drink, hence the prohibitation repeled. The crime in associate with alcohol dropped dramatically. So, is this law really working? I don't think so!

Diehardbiker

Back