Should I do the NHS

iKhan

Reaction score
Basically, I am at a mainstream school on the East Coast and I got a letter of eligibility for the National Honor Society. I was wondering if I should do it since it will help me with my transcript when I go to college. I was wondering if it would be a good thing for a deaf student to have.

Basically, I am at a mainstream school on the East Coast and I got a letter of eligibility for the National Honor Society. I was wondering if I should do it since it will help me with my transcript when I go to college. I was wondering if it would be a good thing for a deaf student to have.

It's a good thing for any student to have, and it can help you get scholarships...

I'm actually president of my school's NHS chapter. Definitely go for it - looks great on your resume, and provides lots of volunteer opportunities if you like that sort of thing. Just make sure it's the REAL National Honor Society - there are an unbelievable amount of scammers out there. My brother and I have gotten lots of those invitations; all they want is your money, sadly; nothing's really in it for you.

I'm actually president of my school's NHS chapter. Definitely go for it - looks great on your resume, and provides lots of volunteer opportunities if you like that sort of thing. Just make sure it's the REAL National Honor Society - there are an unbelievable amount of scammers out there. My brother and I have gotten lots of those invitations; all they want is your money, sadly; nothing's really in it for you.
True, last year there was this company that said that they would guarantee me a scholarship in exchange for a yearly fee of 10 dollars. I didn't do it cause it sounded too good to be true. As for the NHS, it the real thing as the teachers handed it out and I had a meeting with my counselor.

Go for it. it's a good thing to have. I wish I had that but my grades weren't the best. I was part of the Latin Honor Society though (that may have been either just for my school or local- Philadelphia dioceses).

Back