should i be worried?

lovezebras

Reaction score
K so u guys know that i have had hearing probs and tinnitus..so i found a solution for now to sleep..i got a tv in my room so i watch tv then eventually fall asleep cuz theres noise and convo i guess..but about a week or 2 weeks ago i was sleeping and my alarm (house alarm) went off..now no one broke in it was an accident (my bf left the door open a bit/unlocked and it swung open and tripped the alarm) and my mom went and turned it off but she almost peed her pants she was so scared...now i didnt hear it at all i slept right thru it..last time i checked when the alarm goes off and its tripped its really loud? so i dunno should i talk to my audi bout that or shud i just not worry bout it?

Perhaps a solution would be to wire a flashing light(s) to your current set-up? It wouldn't cost a lot for the peace of mind you seek.

I have to have a fan going in my room when I sleep, one for the air flow, and two because of the noise. I have to have white noise to be able to sleep other wise my ears hurt. A lot of hearing people say the same thing. I have slept right through my alarm clock in the morning and it is loud and right by my ear. My sister hears it in her room. I think it could have to do with how deeply you were sleeping. Interestingly my best friend cannot hear the house alarm going off where he lives and it is very loud, but can hear me cough. It may have to do with the pitch of the alarm. Certain pitches certain people cannot hear, like the dog whistle that dogs hear but people can’t. And the teen alarm that teenagers can hear but adults cannot. It may be a combination of you sleeping deeply and the pitch of the alarm. It may also be something to get your audie to look into. If you are that worried about it get it checked out, it will hurt nothing.

K so u guys know that i have had hearing probs and tinnitus..so i found a solution for now to sleep..i got a tv in my room so i watch tv then eventually fall asleep cuz theres noise and convo i guess..but about a week or 2 weeks ago i was sleeping and my alarm (house alarm) went off..now no one broke in it was an accident (my bf left the door open a bit/unlocked and it swung open and tripped the alarm) and my mom went and turned it off but she almost peed her pants she was so scared...now i didnt hear it at all i slept right thru it..last time i checked when the alarm goes off and its tripped its really loud? so i dunno should i talk to my audi bout that or shud i just not worry bout it?

my two hearing sons, they were deeply sleeping. I always made alot of noise in the morning to do the dishes, etc.. Their friends said, I made them drive a nuts in the morning. It did not bother with my two sons. They grew up in Deaf Culture home since they were birth. :lol:

Take audiologist take your hearing test, it would be not hurt.

Perhaps a solution would be to wire a flashing light(s) to your current set-up? It wouldn't cost a lot for the peace of mind you seek.

Oh no, poor Susan... Your orsgram and snore when you sleep, it make too loud. No wonder, I have seen your house flashing lights all over the room. It looks like a disco music lights. You make too much noise at your house.

Flasher light modem <===== :rl:

Oh no, poor Susan...

Who is Susan?.....:ugh:

:back to the topic:

I wouldn't worry since all my three boys are hearing and my second son is deep sleeper, he wouldn't even hear a fire alarm going off....it is a fact that some people that are deep sleepers have a very difficult to awaken even they wouldn't be able to hear a single sounds while they're alsleep....

Who is Susan?.....:ugh:

:back to the topic:

I wouldn't worry since all my three boys are hearing and my second son is deep sleeper, he wouldn't even hear a fire alarm going off....it is a fact that some people that are deep sleepers have a very difficult to awaken even they wouldn't be able to hear a single sounds while they're alsleep....

Lol, Angel, Susan's my wife. I have known Kalista for years since our days in DeafChat...she has a memory like an elephant. Sorry for the off topic.

i have an OLD air cleaner i turn on at night Purly for the noise (seeing as i never clean the filter and it is cleaning nothing) sometimes when i am really tired i will sleep through my alarm (like today). i was thinking about lights just so i would stop oversleeping.

hmm

That would be good but i forgot im in between audi/ent right now since im turning 18 in like 3 weeks and you cant see the one i see now past 18 cuz i wont be considered a child anymore! (yay and sad at the same time)...so ya..umm im not usually that heavy of a sleeper though and usually i hear the phone so maybe i have to get a louder phone ringer and amplifier cuz i dont hear well on the phone either..actually i dont hear well period..but my audi doesnt think its that big of a deal...
thanks 4 the advice so far!

Back