Should a pedophile be granted parental visits?

Pedophiles like Westley Allan Dodd are quite rare.

But people come to believe that the rare cases are really the norm because they get the media attention. The average case is never mentioned.

Sure you would.:lol: And you would read all the way through them, and understand all of the treatment implications, too.:giggle:

Still waiting..... Is there a reason you don't want to reveal these studies?

Interesting that you would chose to insult 2 posters and ignore a third rather than answer a simple question. Exactly what I have been telling people to watch for.

Pedophiles like Westley Allan Dodd are quite rare.
You mean the pychotic sociopathic stranger type? Yes thank god. But the ones who manipulate kids can be almost as scary and almost as psychotic.

Still waiting..... Is there a reason you don't want to reveal these studies?

Interesting that you would chose to insult 2 posters and ignore a third rather than answer a simple question. Exactly what I have been telling people to watch for.

Not wasting my time revealing such to people who have already proven they fail to read such. You are not interested in a learning experience, you are only interested in arguing.

It must be the Super-Secret Archives for the Super-Special, then, which Must Not Be Revealed to the muggles. Interesting that there is apparently absolutely nothing in the generally available literature to support your point.

You mean the pychotic sociopathic stranger type? Yes thank god. But the ones who manipulate kids can be almost as scary and almost as psychotic.

Um, no. I was the victim of two very manipulative sexual offenders; both relatives. One of them scared the hell out of me. I'll admit that, but the other did not. I also don't believe either of them was psychotic. They were just deeply, deeply sick individuals. But, they knew exactly what they were doing when they harmed me. In my mind, that disqualifies them from being psychotic.

Not wasting my time revealing such to people who have already proven they fail to read such. You are not interested in a learning experience, you are only interested in arguing.

Of course...:laugh2: you are just full of...... Excuses.

A living breathing ad hominem. Provide insults instead of facts

It must be the Super-Secret Archives for the Super-Special, then, which Must Not Be Revealed to the muggles. Interesting that there is apparently absolutely nothing in the generally available literature to support your point.

Fake it til you make it.....lol

You seem to have great difficulty staying on topic in any thread that I am posting in, prefering instead to launch some form of backhanded personal attack. Take it to PM.:wave:

I see the children have all come out to play.:lol:

BTW, anyone that is interested in accessing any form of research has the capability if they are sitting behind a computer screen typing out smart ass remarks on a forum. Therefore, if they do not access said research, learn, and broaden their perspective accordingly, it is no one's fault but their own. I for one, to not respond to innane and childish challanges to produce research for those that obviously have no interest in learning for themselves. Had they any interest in learning and becoming more well informed and less narrow minded, they would have already been reading the research available. Waste of my time to provide it for those that are already so fixated in their narrow minded perspectives. Best just to let them alone in their ignorance.

I see the children have all come out to play.:lol:

BTW, anyone that is interested in accessing any form of research has the capability if they are sitting behind a computer screen typing out smart ass remarks on a forum. Therefore, if they do not access said research, learn, and broaden their perspective accordingly, it is no one's fault but their own. I for one, to not respond to innane and childish challanges to produce research for those that obviously have no interest in learning for themselves. Had they any interest in learning and becoming more well informed and less narrow minded, they would have already been reading the research available. Waste of my time to provide it for those that are already so fixated in their narrow minded perspectives. Best just to let them alone in their ignorance.

We asked for the specific research you were referring to.... *shrug*

nice wordy ad hominem though....

Nah. It's tucked behind my file on swine chondroplasia on a public domain.

was the victim of two very manipulative sexual offenders; both relatives. One of them scared the hell out of me. I'll admit that, but the other did not. I also don't believe either of them was psychotic. They were just deeply, deeply sick individuals. But, they knew exactly what they were doing when they harmed me. In my mind, that disqualifies them from being psychotic.
Sorry for not being clearer...but the familial sex offenders can have almost psychotic/distorted thinking. Like " I'm not hurting her. They want it...they like it!" .

Sorry for not being clearer...but the familial sex offenders can have almost psychotic/distorted thinking. Like " I'm not hurting her. They want it...they like it!" .

I would use the word "distorted" or "warped", but I would NOT use the word psychotic.

To me, that would mean that the person was delusional, and, my abusers clearly weren't.

It's not the same thing. However, were they deluded? Absolutely.

NO child likes what is being done to them as they are being harmed, but the abuser may believe that the child likes it and wants it. That, however, does NOT make them psychotic.

Um, no. I was the victim of two very manipulative sexual offenders; both relatives. One of them scared the hell out of me. I'll admit that, but the other did not. I also don't believe either of them was psychotic. They were just deeply, deeply sick individuals. But, they knew exactly what they were doing when they harmed me. In my mind, that disqualifies them from being psychotic.

And I was the victim of one such person. He's the brother of my childhood best friend. Someone told me years later that he had been in and out of jail for quite a while and that he went deaf due to genectics. I don't think he's a pycho or a psychotic but he clearly was sick.

I would use the word "distorted" or "warped", but I would NOT use the word psychotic.

To me, that would mean that the person was delusional, and, my abusers clearly weren't.

It's not the same thing. However, were they deluded? Absolutely.

NO child likes what is being done to them as they are being harmed, but the abuser may believe that the child likes it and wants it. That, however, does NOT make them psychotic.

Thank you. Psychotic has become the new code word, it appears.

And I was the victim of one such person. He's the brother of my childhood best friend. Someone told me years later that he had been in and out of jail for quite a while and that he went deaf due to genectics. I don't think he's a pycho or a psychotic but he clearly was sick.

Agreed. I am sorry for the experience you suffered at his hand, but admire you for not turning your trauma into an excuse to generalize to everyone.

Back