Shooting in Colorado Planned Parenthood

I heard the vest was a suicide prevention vest. I didn't pay close attention to the news, so didn't see it.
Yep.

COLORADO SPRINGS — Wearing a padded vest meant to prevent suicide, and shackles on his hands and legs, the man accused of fatally shooting three people during a rampage at a Planned Parenthood clinic here last week made his first court appearance on Monday afternoon….

Suspect appears in court

Dear is being held in jail with no bond. For his court appearance via video he wore a padded jacket that jail officials called a "suicide prevention garment."…

Shooting suspect

What this garment is:

What is an antisuicide smock

That's a standard attempt but it's not often successful.

Even if he's found insane he could be judged guilty but insane--they won't let him go free.

Yeah I know he won't go free but I heard of people getting out of for good behavior when they do get the insanity plea. There is a trial going on
in my state for a 13 boy for killing his teacher , he tried to act insane but the judge said he was fit to go to court .

Yeah I know he won't go free but I heard of people getting out of for good behavior when they do get the insanity plea. There is a trial going on
in my state for a 13 boy for killing his teacher , he tried to act insane but the judge said he was fit to go to court .
There are two different kinds of insanity pleas. One, is that the defendant is not sane enough to participate in his defense, so he can't even stand trial. The second is claiming that the defendant was insane at the time the crime was committed. That means, he didn't know that what he was doing was wrong.

So far, I haven't read anything that would fit either of those situations. Of course, we don't have access to all the information.

There are two different kinds of insanity pleas. One, is that the defendant is not sane enough to participate in his defense, so he can't even stand trial. The second is claiming that the defendant was insane at the time the crime was committed. That means, he didn't know that what he was doing was wrong.

So far, I haven't read anything that would fit either of those situations. Of course, we don't have access to all the information.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/loc.../30/legal-issues-planned-parenthood/76571388/

I found this link that tell what kind of defense he can take and what happen when if found insane . This whole thing is so senseless and tragic 3 people dead and I think 9 people been wounded . The guy was a walking time bomb !

No, the article doesn't say that. The prosecutor hasn't even decided yet whether or not he's going to request the death penalty.

If he's convicted, he might be eligible for the death penalty but it's not a guarantee that he'll get it.

In most states, if anyone kill police officer are automatically eligible for death penalty.

I'm very sad about death of police officer, no matter if I don't agree with his belief.

In most states, if anyone kill police officer are automatically eligible for death penalty.

I'm very sad about death of police officer, no matter if I don't agree with his belief.

I think it's sad that 3 innocent people were killed and 9 wounded by some by some nut that doesn't know to express himself with words . He had to use a gun to show that he was angry . He nothing but a coward that belong in a cage for the rest of his miserable life .

Back