Shhhhhhhhhe's BACKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

deafdyke

Reaction score
Just now got back from the folk fest. I'm dirty, wet and tired, but I had a BLAST! Not too many other deafies at Falcon Ridge this year. I really think we should organize an AllDeaf cell to Falcon Ridge next year. I actually met someone from Rochester whose boyfriend was deaf.There are 'terps at these concerts....and its a lot of fun watching them....especially when the singers start scatting and the 'terps can't really keep up. There was an performance that was really jazzy but couldn't be 'terped. My mom told me about that, and I went "well they could have used Jazz Hands!!"
the music was awesome..............After I got off my work shift last nite, I headed up to my camp's Saturday cocktail party. When I got there, my mom came up to me all excited. Turns out three of the performers at the fest were at the party! I'd already met one of them, since she is friends with my Falcon Ridge "family". However, two of them I'd never met before. I grew up with their music, so it was a Wayne and Garth "I'm not worthy" moment. Had not realized before then, that the female folkie was GAY! What is it with all the female folkies out there being GAY? Ani, the Indigo Girls, Cheryl Wheeler and now Patti Larkin.
Speaking of which........I now have a girlfriend. There is this girl named Hannah who I've been friends with ever since we worked on a crew a few years back. For some reason, we didn't get to see each other until Friday night's performance.I was watching the performance with her mom. Someone plopped themselves besides Nancy. Nancy had to say "Hannah, look it's Deafdyke!" I immediatly did a patented " Deafdyke don't kill them" greeting. ...We spent that performance cuddled up together, with our arms tightly holding each other (and no, not in a platonic way!) I wish I could articlulate in words how happy that made me feel.......I was almost crying. Then this morning we were dancing at the Gospel Hour and just had our arms all around each other....her mom was teasing her about us being an in love couple. I love Hannah dearly. She is my girl...I just wish this had happened earlier (our being in love offically) We can't see each other for a few weeks....but then that gives me a huge incentive to finish 100% my two courses.
The end of the fest sucked. There was this HUGE HUGE storm cell that was like a mini hurricane. I was in the staff kitchen helping to clean up. The wind started whipping up so it looked like the tent was gonna be whipped away. The staff leader started yelling at everyone to get out of the tent. I ran out into what looked like a scene from the weather channel. It was pouring SHEETS of rain and the wind was blowing something fierce..........there were even golf ball size chunks of hail! OWWW..............I had to run up the hill in THAT!. Worst storm the Ridge has ever experianced! We left a few hours ago....the rest of the fest was canceled due to no power.
I got some new beads, some cute tie dye socks, and some political buttons. I also got a really cool peace sign necklace made out of horn. I limited myself on clothes and just got one cool shirt. (which subsiquenctly got SOAKED)
Had a blast...............so much fun, but glad to be back here too!

Hi, Deafdyke, I am glad that you are back from your vacation in Falcon Ridge. Sorry about the hurricane storm that you had experience with. It happened in the spur of the moment when you have bad storm and giving you dirty and wet. I am glad you, your mom and everybody are safe. It is nice that you can come home and take a nice bath or shower to feel better after the ordeal. I am also glad that you had a good time there before the hurricane storm. :cool:

Hey Deafdyke, Wait a second. Dont you mind if I can ask you? Are you male or female? I am confusing. :oops:

Are you really that dense? Read her username. DeafDYKE. That means she's a WOMAN, and a lesbian.

I just asking her that all! It remind me of Dick Dyke. I looked at dictionary what is dyke mean. I got it anyways. I am not crazy about lesbian stuff. But I do respect who is DD.

I just asking her that all! It remind me of Dick Dyke. I looked at dictionary what is dyke mean. I got it anyways. I am not crazy about lesbian stuff. But I do respect who is DD.

Umm i guess you didnt read the title of this thread..it said SHE well more like SHHHHHHHHHHHe and last time i checked in ENGLISH.. SHE refers to a lady as in ,female as in woman as in....do i have to keep explaining??lol

okay....

anyway....

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back, and sounds like you had a GREAT time !!! Glad you met (or re-met) a wonderful woman there. If you took any pictures of your weekend, please post them, we'd love to see the music and all !

DD, I am sorry. I don't mean to be rude. I just want to make sure. Anyways, We are glad that you're safe from hurricane. Is that scare? You're lucky to be safe! I am glad that you have a blast time at Festival. :)

xefk11.jpg
BACK!

Girl! Welcome back and glad you had a great time! Summer storms tend to kinda mess up the plans, dont they? :)

*checks pants* Well last I checked I was a female.
Anyways, We are glad that you're safe from hurricane
Well, it was kinda scary at the time............literally something straight out of those Weather Channel /Amazing Videos things............and shel, this wasn't a summer storm. The Ridge has a ton of experiance dealing with summer storms and rain...........this was MAJOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DD, It's good to hear you had a great time on your vacation and returned home safe. Good to hear from you again.

Back