She's in BIG trouble!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This situation feels familiar to me. You sound like my father. He ranted about spending a fortune on private speech therapy on me for years. Anyway, he finally had accepted it later. I do understand that getting a CI is very expensive and so is speech therapy. I know you're upset and betrayed by her act.

Why did your daughter get tired of her CI? Had she had any experience like exhaustion and headache from wearing a CI? I read your previous posts and other thread. It sounds like her mind get tired from listening through the CI. Is that why she didn't wear it for a whole summer?

I think it's not a good idea for her to watch youtube videos about others getting positive feedbacks from CI. She feels very discouraged and probably jealous. That will make it worse. I suggest you encourage her to talk to others (teen or early 20s) with CI in person.

You said that she was suppose to hang out with her friends during the summer. Is she not interested in hanging out with others? Or is she just avoiding them?

You can migrate over to the Activation thread, I explain her laziness a little better there. She has lots of friends. She just got lazy, because it wasn't working fast enough for her. She wanted everything NOW, even after I told her it would take months and months of hard work.

I had come to the conclusion that the CI may not have worked well for her, which is why she was not progressing much. I was more than willing to accept the fact that this technology is different for everyone. That's life. Turns out, she is not progressing, because she hasn't been wearing it, and lying about it. So the internet privileges are gone. That's a no brainer in my opinion. And yes, she knows the YouTube videos are a very bad influence.

Mod note:

Upon reviewing this thread, this is a family matter for the OP. I can understand about the money involved for the CI but the drama spewed in this thread is total unnecessary.

We all expect to be criticized especially in forums and other social media such as Facebook. There is a line that everyone knows: "There is two sides to every story". There is no need to be insulting and troll to make a point... please refrain from using "these people" and name callings. Threads do not last long when that happens.

Every parents raise their children they want to be raised. Again, this is family matter and it is wise that it should stay in the family. If you want to rant or have a piece of mind... that's fine but keep in mind, expect to be criticized for the actions and nature of the story. That is the nature of the public (forum, social media, etc).

I'm closing this thread and it is time to move on.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back