Shame Sorenson Shame!

deafaussie

Reaction score
My hearing wife, had made several attempts contacting Sorenson Communications and we didnt hear from them until Last Friday morning. My wife has spoken with Mr X who approves and declines VP applications. My wife has explained to him that I had waited so long to get it approved and have it installed for my job at my workplace at Corona, CA. Mr X had a look at deployed videophones records and has found out that my wife has the VP100 in her name for her two minor deaf boys. She has spoken in honestly that we also have the webcam installed in computer from HOVRS as well. We are a 5 person family 3 of us are Deaf and 2 are Hearing. So having Sorenson VP-100 and HOVRS webcam at home is a logical choice and three of us uses both Sorenson and HOVRS quite a lot.

Mr X, for no apparent reason has turned ugly on us saying that he has refused to give his approval to deploy the VRS equipment for myself at work not at home and has told me that he doesn't like the idea of using the VP to dial to HOVRS for their services. We tried to explain to him that we use both services, Sorenson VRS and HOVRS are my preferred services and uses both of them, nothing others. For some reason, I rarely use HOVRS if I couldn't dial to Sorenson or waited too long to get the interpreter during my night shift between 11pm to 8am Saturdays to Wednesdays. yes, I have the VP-100 which I took from home on a temporary basis until I have the VP-200 installed by an installer. After that the VP-100 will be returned to our home. My wife has hung up on Mr X in frustration as his ugly attitude and voice tones has impacted her. She got upset.

I called to Sorenson via SorensonVRS and has spoken to the telephone receptionist and has refused to route my call to Mr X saying that He or Sorenson Communications wont speak to me and has told me to go to HOVRS for once and for all and tell HOVRS to develop their videophone technologies and we wont give you our product no more. Apparently, that person (he or she) was extremely rude to me and I have explained to that person that Sorenson is in violation of FCC rules and my rights as a Deaf individual. Their response, umm, go ahead. We wont give you the approval.

I am considering of taking this case to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and National Association for the Deaf (NAD)

Sighs!

Yes, Sorenson Company break your violation rights. Why don't you check w/Charter Rights under gov't. You may go ahead file federal Communications Commission and National Association for the Deaf due your reason need vp200. Sorenson really hogging and all want Deaf people use SORENSONVRS only... Wishes you great luck and file the compliant against Sorenson company. Likely everyone Deaf people have their rights any contact with VRS.

You should have never mentioned HOVRS. However, I wonder if Sorenson is breaking the rules doing this, or is it just another loophole Sorennson seems to love exploiting?

Let diehardbiker explain this..

Yes, he did reply to me in my private messages but that is not the one he mentioned.

Using HOVRS in SORENSONVRS=DECLINED APPLICATION. That is what the issue is all about not the backlog due to high demand.

FCC has broken Sorenson's monopoly in VRS market which is good for Deaf community and my view on SORENSON is like MICROSOFT who likes to abuse and flex their powers over consumer's choice

I know the Sorenson installers in Orange County, I'm not surprised. There's a lot more to these people that what's being shared around. I cant share them with you cause they have lawyers watching.

Richard

FCC has broken Sorenson's monopoly in VRS market...

That shoud read. "FCC has NOT broken Sorenson's monopoly in VRS market..." Look what they are doing to the OP. They have a stranglehold on the market and they are doing what they can to keep it.

After a while and thoughts on this thread. I really find this really digesting! I really despise on those who gets free and still complaining. Complaining on something that one gets for free is absolutely insult and rude in hearing world! Have you heard of this quote "NEVER look at the teeth of gifted horse". What it means is that it is truly rude to inspect, protestm etc when you get something from somebody as a gift.

Back to the point, I see this thread totally pointless. I can tell you why! Last summer my girlfriend applied for free webcam from HOVRS, guess what the response from HOVRS that we got after applying for free webcam?

From HOVRS: Because you already have VP-100 at your home, you do not need our free webcam; therefore your application for free webcam is declined.

Should I contact FCC and complain about HOVRS? I don't think it is really necessary! Because I am happy to have at least something that I got for free in order to use VRS! I am sure the reaction from FCC if I ever knock their door is "You got free device already, what more do you want?".

Finally, I was wondering why can't deaf Americans appreciate what they got in America while other countries they do not have any *free* VRS, or free devices. Sure, there is Relay services in Europe, both VRS and TRS, *BUT* you would have to pay monthly subscription for these services! Not here in America!

Thank you DHB.

After a while and thoughts on this thread. I really find this really digesting! I really despise on those who gets free and still complaining.

I agree 100%. Sorenson should not be rude, but it is selfish to get EXTRA free videophone when others don't even have one yet.

Also selfish to submit BS complaints to FCC and NAD. There are real complaints that already take forever to get process due to BS complaints.

DeafAussie, why not have your employer apply or provide a VP for you. If they won't, file a complaint against your EMPLOYER. At least that would be a real complaint!

Sorenson was wrong to be rude, but rudeness does not violate rights.

After a while and thoughts on this thread. I really find this really digesting! I really despise on those who gets free and still complaining. Complaining on something that one gets for free is absolutely insult and rude in hearing world! Have you heard of this quote "NEVER look at the teeth of gifted horse". What it means is that it is truly rude to inspect, protestm etc when you get something from somebody as a gift.

Back to the point, I see this thread totally pointless. I can tell you why! Last summer my girlfriend applied for free webcam from HOVRS, guess what the response from HOVRS that we got after applying for free webcam?

From HOVRS: Because you already have VP-100 at your home, you do not need our free webcam; therefore your application for free webcam is declined.

Should I contact FCC and complain about HOVRS? I don't think it is really necessary! Because I am happy to have at least something that I got for free in order to use VRS! I am sure the reaction from FCC if I ever knock their door is "You got free device already, what more do you want?".

Finally, I was wondering why can't deaf Americans appreciate what they got in America while other countries they do not have any *free* VRS, or free devices. Sure, there is Relay services in Europe, both VRS and TRS, *BUT* you would have to pay monthly subscription for these services! Not here in America!

I do not agree. You practically have to have a Sorenson if you are deaf. Sure there are other products, but they are a hassle to use because of IP Address requirement. Sorenson is denying something that is needed and that they provide to others for free. If Sorenson offered it for sale then fine, but they do not. This hurts the person who needs the VP to keep in touch. Sorenson is wielding its power and that is what is sick here.

You should have never mentioned HOVRS. However, I wonder if Sorenson is breaking the rules doing this, or is it just another loophole Sorennson seems to love exploiting?

I totally agree about why should have mentioned about HOVRS since they are in competition right now... as Sorenson thinking HOVRS are stealing customers so on... I would have kept the HOVRS out of the conversation when dealing with Sorsenson... sadly..

I also totally agree with diehardbiker, we can't win them all sometimes we have to pay as nothing is free anymore... we can't be too selfish as there's more people in this world don't have a thing but don't complain about materialitic things but life and love as well as peace!!! THINK about this!!

Back