Shall farmers sell their land to .....

should farmers sell their land to developers/builders

• yes

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • no

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • i don't know

• i don't care, what the heck you're talking about?

• Total voters

DeafSCUBA98

Reaction score
I want your view on farmers selling their land to developers/ builders/ vice vera that the land will not be used to grow crops anymore.

in my view.. i believe once a farmer sells the land to the developers.. makes a huge danger in the future.. because we all depend on their crops.. the corn that makes many enviroment-friendly products such as fuel, plates, cups, and many more.. for example

biodegradeable plates, cups are made of corn, soybeans, etc.. which is very enviroment friendly because in 45 days it can become into dirt. other than just plastic or paper plates takes many years to reduce the landfill.

e-85 fuel on cars, trucks, suv is cleaner air.. and its made of corn.

give away your views.. i like to hear your story :D

Sadly, this just might be the case where some farmers are turning to...especially in areas where crops have been damaged due to bad weather, lack of moisture in the soil, etc., and not making enough to stay ahead.

I do agree that what farming lands are still there stay as lands only for farming. One side of my family have or still in the farming business out in Iowa...I often think of them and always hoping for good weather and more as well as for farmers all across the country.

Good thread-- ;)

~RR

Last edited:
Some farmer's land are reservation, that cannot destroy by sprawl, such build more new houses or business area, even new store, mall or whatever.

Remember about back in day, Anaheim is used to have alot of crops and numerous of farmland then it was destroyed from sprawl in 1950's after many people are moved here from inner city of LA then many of farmers are moved out to more farther away from sprawl line and left in Anaheim for sprawled, also there's small land to left and alot of crop factories are closed and demolished.

San Fernando Valley, it used to have crops and alot of farmland until 1950's, also contiuned until 1970's when majority of apartment, townhouse and condo boom are coming in many neighborhood and increasing more in density then destroyed alot of crops and factories but some crops are still left on back alley of houses, that whhere is used to be farmland in long time. It does same problem in San Bernardino County, all sprawl are start in 1970's to destroyed alot of farmland, country houses and crops, also factories too. Now, Ontario, Fontana and almost around 1/3 of communities in San Bernardino County are urban and suburb in combined.

More farmers are going move out to more farther away from area that would affected by sprawl.

There's pic about Anaheim in 1950's.
fantasy-air.jpg

disneyld.jpg

Disneyland_site.jpg

300px-Disneyland_aerial_view_in_1956.jpg

I vote "I don't know"

Depend on kind of land to cons/pros.

We bought a land from a farmer to build our house.

If I was the Famer and would not sell my land to developer or builders is because I need to keep land for crops and soils reasonable. I notice some of them bought many lands from farmer and see what happened to them is GROW the houses and business.. No longer farm land there! What a sad to see no farm lands around.

It is always given difficult to farmers to work harder than cities are. Because they work during spring or summer, sometimes fall then nothing to do during the winter time.

If I was the Famer and would not sell my land to developer or builders is because I need to keep land for crops and soils reasonable. I notice some of them bought many lands from farmer and see what happened to them is GROW the houses and business.. No longer farm land there! What a sad to see no farm lands around.

It is always given difficult to farmers to work harder than cities are. Because they work during spring or summer, sometimes fall then nothing to do during the winter time.

If sprawl is spread on land, when farmland is on center, that where other are houses, store, mall or whatever then pollution can bring it and kill all crops, that not good.

It's important to see on all farmland, if all are enough to be team with other farmers.

There's too many variables. Just hope the county or city commissioners plan well for the future.

I vote no. If they sell it then where will all the animals live? where are the food to feed Americans?

I vote no reason most developers/builders abuse farm family as they waiting till their financial is weak then pushy on them. Several I know some compnay (developers/builders) which I hear rumor around our friend who live on the farmland.

I vote no reason most developers/builders abuse farm family as they waiting till their financial is weak then pushy on them. Several I know some compnay (developers/builders) which I hear rumor around our friend who live on the farmland.
excatly.. many of them are very pushy and even offer millions of dollars to destroy their land to build house, etc.

just like the one in cambridge they offer more than $1 million to develope stores, business. they accept the offer.. they're have finincial burden.

also many farmers are going towards foreclosure because they have problem with the crops that they're not making enough.. and the PROPERTY tax is so high for them to be able to afford.

farmers are very important to global trade. and researchers, enviromentalist are very BOND with the farmers.. they're keep advancing the technology with alternatives with corn, soybeans, and so on to list.. those crops are excellent for many things that are enviroment friendly.. for example

there are tires made of corn like this AMaizing Tires

plates, cup, bowls Welcome to the EarthShell Corporation Web Site

corn-stove.. an alternative heating source

e-85 fuel. it is made of 15% ethonal(corn) and 85% gasoline.

and many more.
there will always be more to come.

Back