Shake Awake versus Sonic Shaker

ismi

Reaction score
I'm looking at travel clocks - partly as a backup to my current alarm clock, which I seem to have trained myself to turn off in my sleep, and partly because I'd rather not lug around a big bedside clock when I travel.

Specifically, I'm looking at the Shake Awake and the Sonic Shaker - can anyone compare the vibrations from these two? Or even just describe one - is it a light or a heavy vibration, is it fast or slow, choppy or smooth? For anyone who has tried both, which did you prefer, and why?

Also, has anyone used a watch like the Vibralite2 or 3? It's a tempting idea, but I don't know if a watch would have enough power to actually work as a wakeup alarm ...

Bed shaker is better. Because it does really help me to get up....rather than sonic. If you traveling such as camp, you use sonic alarm, you would wake the bear up. haha. jk. Clock Bed shaker isn't pretty heavy much. But it will be hard to find a small clock with bed shaker, tho.

Both of these are bed shakers. Actually, I already have a bed shaker; it's just not suitable for traveling. So I'm trying to find one that is. I used to use a Shake Awake as my only alarm clock, before I got one that plugged into the wall, so I'm not concerned about it being powerful enough ... I'm just wondering if the Sonic Shaker (which is also a bed shaker) would be better.

I use Shake Awake for at least 10 years and is loving it. it vibrates gently in pulsating mode and then gradually in time. It becomes stronger and vibrates continuously for about 5 minutes then shuts down by itself. So its a nice way to wake up from deep sleep without shocking me. Reliability-wise. Its the only product for long time and it withstood to all kinds of abuse, falling down stairs, flew more than 40,000 miles(yes I was a traveller) and under extreme load, stacking up books.

By all means its all comes down to your personal preference. Go to store and check it out yourself.

Back