Sex Offender Just Moved Into My Neighborhood

rockin'robin

Reaction score
I received an "Offender Alert" today, telling me a Sex Offender has moved approx. 2 short blocks from me. I drove by there today.....

I've always checked the Offender Search before ever moving to any neighborhood. And this is the 1st time this has happened to me.
I'm very upset!....I informed my neighbors of it, to make them aware. Some of them have children.

I have 3 teens, they are big enuf to take care of themselves. It's the other children I'm concerned about. By law, we cannot threaten or harrass a sex offender. All we can do is make our children aware of where they live, keep our children away from their house or the area where they are.

It's a sad day for me! Tomorrow, the next day and the next, as time permits, I will be going "house to House" informing people in this neighborhood of it. There's not much else anyone can do!

I'm sorry you had to go through this. Just be vigilant and be aware of surroundings and keep eye on that offender and if any suspicious action, just report to the police and they will take care of it.

Sex offenders can not live here in my neighborhood because K-12 school is across street from here and by law sex offenders are banned from living close to school areas. I wish the law is more strict and harsh on those sex offenders to make their life harder and to stay in sex offender rehab for life so children can be safe from harm.

I knew of one woman had the same problem. So she did some research and discovered that if she applied for a "daycare" license, the SO will have to move away. Most states forbids a SO from living near a daycare center within a certain numbers of feet.

Get a License and put out a tacky sign in your front yard. Then call the cops to inform them if your "business" and they'll have to tell the SO to pack up and leave.

Yiz

Rockin'Robin, I am soo sorry , you have to go through this situation. I just hope the best works out for you neighborhood. I hope this person will leave the children alone. Just take extra precautions til then.

I am sorry about this. One question though...did you find out what his crime was?

I am sorry about this. One question though...did you find out what his crime was?

Sexual battery, person over 12 years w/injury......And it shows his pix also, and I believe I've seen him at the cornor store before....He's also "non-compliant" which means he has failed to update his status....and if anyone sees him to call the police. Which I most certainly will do.

Word gets around the neighborhood, so hopefully, if he gets word that everyone knows, he might leave!

Sexual battery, person over 12 years w/injury......And it shows his pix also, and I believe I've seen him at the cornor store before....He's also "non-compliant" which means he has failed to update his status....and if anyone sees him to call the police. Which I most certainly will do.

Word gets around the neighborhood, so hopefully, if he gets word that everyone knows, he might leave!

Oh no that's very very frightening! Pls do keep us posted if anyone sees him.

May I remind you one thing...

HALF of them could be so innocent or fraud for what they did which it is so wrong or lying or fake or whatever like that. Just please remember that, you just can't blame them because of you just never know if they are ACTUALLY innocent but just got in the jail because of evience or someone lying about or someone in the jury just wanted to just rush up to finish with that case. Just please remember but best idea is keep an eye on your back, sides and front that's it.

Thank you very much.

May I remind you one thing...

HALF of them could be so innocent or fraud for what they did which it is so wrong or lying or fake or whatever like that. Just please remember that, you just can't blame them because of you just never know if they are ACTUALLY innocent but just got in the jail because of evience or someone lying about or someone in the jury just wanted to just rush up to finish with that case. Just please remember but best idea is keep an eye on your back, sides and front that's it.

Thank you very much.

Citation needed...

Yiz

You aren't the only one, I do receives mail alerts when a registered sexual offender or predator moves into my neighborhood not all that but you can also find out what their crime was., I got one down the street from me, I see him daily during the mornings when he walks his bull dog. As long he stays away from my children and other children in our neighborhood then everything will be fine. ;)

I wouldn't mind knowing if sex offenders are in my neighbourhood, but I have searched up online sex offender registries and I don't think we have any in Ontario. Not really sure about that, but if anyone knows if we do please let me know.

Why don't you print up posters announcing the presence of a sex offender existing in the neighborhood, along with his name, address, and a picture of him, and post it on every single car (put them under the windshield wipers) in the whole neighborhood...just don't put your name on it. That way people can see them and complain about him to obilivion and run the pedophile out of the neighborhood. That's what I would do.

Yeah...we found out about a sex offender just recently who lives down the road from me. Seriously, it scared the heck out of me.

It's a good idea that you're informing other families. Because so many people can be so gullible...you know? That guy or WOMAN can obviously trick children into going with them...and of course, little children can be gullible!

Yeah, we have a registered sex offender on my apartment property in building #17, and I am NOT happy about it. We have so many little children in the apartments on this property, and sometimes no one supervises the kids. There is a town near here that has actually banned sex offenders. We should ban all of them from US soil, and put them all on an island with electric fences so they can't escape!

Women should be careful too. There are rapists who target women in the data base. Here's a link for everyone in the U.S.

National Sex Offender Registry

Sorry, I don't know how to find out in Canada or anywhere else.

need citation? or not, i dont think this warrent a 'citation needed' whisperhorse got a good point, we 'worry too much' most of them after being jailed and convicted just dont want to go back, but sometimes since soceity taunts them so much to a point they re-offend just - to go back inside...
its plausible though

need citation? or not, i dont think this warrent a 'citation needed' whisperhorse got a good point, we 'worry too much' most of them after being jailed and convicted just dont want to go back, but sometimes since soceity taunts them so much to a point they re-offend just - to go back inside...
its plausible though

yep. look at Michael Jackson and Mike Tyson. Both of their accusers recanted.

i am sorry. i know the feeling. i have received the alert letters. I wasn't thrilled about it. :( oh, after my kids joined sports activities and most of parents happen to have our email addresses. one day, some older guy with white beard and rode in the maroon car stopped the two girls who are in 5 grades asking them to join in his car nearby school. of course they run like hell. they told their parents and then they sent out to everyone who gave them email. I got it last april about it. i was upset but glad to know every parents to keep in touch each other through emails. At first i thought, it was sport but sport season was over but saw it about what happened. Its important to keep every parents aware about it.

Back