Severe Depression

racheleggert

Reaction score
I wonder what severe depression is? What are symptoms?

racheleggert said:

I tried to find the symptoms for "severe".. depression..
but i came up with this..

depression

"severe" means real serious and deep.. so.. sign it yourself.. "severe" what it looks like ... sign like bad.. right.. same concept.. bad depression..

so the rest are symptoms.. on the link

if you are the one.. or others.. it always cure.. with counseling and mediences.. if not believe in mediences.. (like me) then take herbs and exercise.. rid of the bad habit.. replace go out for walk daily. its great for depressions/stress..

:) hang in there.

Thank u for the link, my husband is going thru deep depress right now dealing with his chronic pain. He attends group therapy weekly now with others who are in same boat as him. He takes medicine to control his depression. What upsets me mostly his workcomp dr said he does not need to see his doctor for his depression, only take the medicine. They don't damn care about his mental well being after they told him he does not have his job anymore and told him they can not authorized him to have another surgery on his painful shoulder till recently they decided to let him have another surgery. I do not understand alot about the pain, I do not know if the pain caused inbalance in his brain and pain killer he used to take to help him to function as a normal life had to do with it. It has been so hell for me to dealing with his depression but I am strong person to deal with it and try to be support of him.

I hope u can pull it out and find a well balance in your body, mind and spirit.

DoofusMama said:
I tried to find the symptoms for "severe".. depression..
but i came up with this..

depression

"severe" means real serious and deep.. so.. sign it yourself.. "severe" what it looks like ... sign like bad.. right.. same concept.. bad depression..

so the rest are symptoms.. on the link

if you are the one.. or others.. it always cure.. with counseling and mediences.. if not believe in mediences.. (like me) then take herbs and exercise.. rid of the bad habit.. replace go out for walk daily. its great for depressions/stress..

:) hang in there.

That is right, my hubby used to suffer mild depression but doctor explain there are different types of depression. Severe is one of them. Tell your hubby to take one day at the time and take his medication and also going to counselling, it will help.
Hang in there!!!

racheleggert said:

1) Your head is full of negative thoughts. Always say bad things about what you did. (Example) I am fat and ugly. No one wants me. No one cares about me. Everyone is better than me. No one wants to be me. No one want to be my friend. No one wants to ask me out. Maybe I think if I take my life away, it will be better. Those thoughts are examples of severe depression.

2) Always feel tired, no energy to do anything. Don't feel like doing errands and always lie to yourself. (Example) you had a plan with one of your friends, but you decided to change your mind last minute. Told your friend that you cant come because you are sick or too tired. Make up excuses not to meet your friend. Thats another form of deprsesion

3) Feel anger inside yourself.

4) Poor eating habits either reject or over consume food.
5) having a hard time to sleep
6) No motivation to do anything
7) Always tell your friends or families how worthless you are.
8) Anxiety (Example) Dont like to be alone or feel stressful about something.
9) You might hear voices inside your head

Please no bashing that inculdes you, Tousi, and whoever replied to him... It has to do nothing with the printer. Thanks!

Your head is full of negative thoughts. Always say bad things about what you did. (Example) I am fat and ugly. No one wants me. No one cares about me. Everyone is better than me. No one wants to be me. No one want to be my friend. No one wants to ask me out. Maybe I think if I take my life away, it will be better. Those thoughts are examples of severe depression.

This is exactly what Ive been and still going through...still improving with myself..:)

2) Always feel tired, no energy to do anything. Don't feel like doing errands and always lie to yourself. (Example) you had a plan with one of your friends, but you decided to change your mind last minute. Told your friend that you cant come because you are sick or too tired. Make up excuses not to meet your friend. Thats another form of deprsesion

Yup, this is me! I always feel tired and no energy to do anything..its because I have depression, anxiety, mood swing and leukemia cancer...it is tough on me...I dont make excuses not to meet with my friend...I enjoy go out and meet with my friends.

5) having a hard time to sleep (sometimes not all times)
9) You might hear voices inside your head[/QUOTE]

Number 7 thru 9 doesn't apply to me....

I like to stay home all times...dont like going out too much...I guess its part of depression...but Im taking one day at a time...trying to get out of this habits and start with fresh life....

Anyone here has similar problems like me? Pls be honest with yourself..It will help all of us to vent and it will improve ourselves...don't you think? :)

racheleggert said:

I think there are several types of depressions...I'll go check it out..:)

I have dealt with my depression for years..I am ok, but still work on some of my areas. It is not easy. I learn that depression runs in my biological family, so I wish it is not depression in my family. :hyper:

I used to suffer from very bad depression... it was just a very emptiness inside, you felt like you weren't in your own body and like your life was a pointless waste of time, it was not only mentaly but physicly painful and I attempted suicide but I wasn't brave enough, then I got on meds and grew up a bit and now I can handle my depression without the drugs, but it can be hard sometimes.

It varies on the individual. Different people do different things when they're depressed. :dunno:

VamPyroX said:
It varies on the individual. Different people do different things when they're depressed. :dunno:

Agreed. It's not as if every person who is depressed thinks or does the exact same things. Some eat constantly, some don't eat at all. Some sleep all day, some barely get any sleep. The list goes on. But it's impossible to put every depressed person in one category.

Yep, there are people who are anorexic. Sometimes, they do it cuz they think they're fat or skinny. Well, it could be cuz they're just depressed. Some people mutilate themselves, become alcoholics or drunkies, do drugs, etc... because they're depressed.

I knew a gal who was always depressed because she couldn't get enough attention from her boyfriend. To deal with her depression, she would draw attention to herself by doing things such as beating her head against the wall or objects, scratching/cutting herself, making up lies to make others look bad, follow dreams of others to make her dream look better, etc. I even knew a gal who scratched herself just to get my attention. :roll:

Cane Corso said:
1) Your head is full of negative thoughts. Always say bad things about what you did. (Example) I am fat and ugly. No one wants me. No one cares about me. Everyone is better than me. No one wants to be me. No one want to be my friend. No one wants to ask me out. Maybe I think if I take my life away, it will be better. Those thoughts are examples of severe depression.

i was suppose to go to church this morning.. i woke up at 8 am but decided to ditch it cuz of bad headaches so went back to sleep.. I also was suppose to go swimming today with my best friend but i changed my mind at last min and not go.. i told my friend i didnt feel good.. i lied to her.. i was surprised to that part .. i knew i have depression. i thought i was over this.. btu seeing this .. maybe i am not? i knew i am and have been for long time.. since 95.. sigh..

hard time to sleep= thats me.. and insomina too.. :(

anxiety.. i do have it.. badly.. i hate going to town and driving.. and going alone somewhere? i prefer to be with someone or friends.. haha.. thats me.. ugh.. but hearing thoughts in my mind? not me.. sighs.. weird.. :dunno:

my sister have bioploar disorder.. shes even worse than me.. screaming at people and bitched.. cussing. etc.. slept alots.. and use drugs.. and all that stuffs.. scary.. but shes not on medications.. YIKES.. watch out! whew! :ugh3:

i have plm with depression myself but i keep myself busy like go out do things
when i am depressed i sometimes get nightmares of negivate things :Ohno:

coloravalanche said:
This is exactly what Ive been and still going through...still improving with myself..:)

Yup, this is me! I always feel tired and no energy to do anything..its because I have depression, anxiety, mood swing and leukemia cancer...it is tough on me...I dont make excuses not to meet with my friend...I enjoy go out and meet with my friends.

5) having a hard time to sleep (sometimes not all times)

Number 7 thru 9 doesn't apply to me....

I like to stay home all times...dont like going out too much...I guess its part of depression...but Im taking one day at a time...trying to get out of this habits and start with fresh life....

Anyone here has similar problems like me? Pls be honest with yourself..It will help all of us to vent and it will improve ourselves...don't you think? :)[/QUOTE]

Yep, I have suffered from mild-to-moderate depression for many years. But for a couple years few years ago I had severe depression. I stayed home all the time and my friends would call me, I would make excuses to not talk or see them. I would make appointments with the dr. to go see and get med. but I would make excuse to not go. I would be too lazy to do chores and pay bills. But I got sick of it and said "Ok! That's it!" I went to the dr. and got on meds. (Effoxor) and its helped a lot!! The best thing about Effoxor is that it doesn't cause weight gain like the other meds. - I've lost 43 pounds since last year :)

with bipolar there are ups and downs, for downs i go through these:

that about it.. but i also go thru the highs of bipolar,

Back