Serial Prankster

e

Reaction score
Arrest in serial prankings
A Central Islip man faces 2 felonies in scams such as mailing dead animals and falsely calling in child abuse that occurred over 10 years

If sometime in the past 10 years, a mattress you didn't order showed up to your home, if your electricity was mysteriously turned off or if you received a Christmas card with a dead rat or bird, then you might be a victim of what State Police call a "Rodack Sampler."

The title stems from Jack Rodack, 50, of Central Islip, who was arrested for committing those offenses, along with others, against people on Long Island, New York City, New Jersey and upstate, said New York State Police Investigator Susan Mulvey of the Endwell barracks in Broome County.

Mulvey said yesterday that Rodack performed several antics:

Mailing dead animals and used condoms to people's homes; changing or forwarding addresses of other people through the postal service; placing real estate ads in newspapers for places that weren't available, inundating victims with unwanted calls; calling police to homes that didn't need help; and reporting child abuse that didn't take place.

"One woman had more than 20 child abuse calls made about her," Mulvey said.

So far, police have identified about 14 victims, although Mulvey said it's possible countless more, including some on the West Coast, have received the "Rodack Samplers."

It appears Rodack targeted former co-workers at the New Jersey State Division for Youth and Family Services, where he was a case worker, and from his job as a New York State Department of State investigator and process server, authorities said. Mulvey said some of his victims had interacted with him while he attended college upstate.

Investigator Michael Young got the case from a small, upstate police department and took about a month to suspect Rodack.

He used phone records, traveled throughout the state and noticed patterns to help solve the case, Mulvey said.

"It may have escaped some of the other agencies because it was so long-term," Mulvey said.

State Police in Brentwood arrested Rodack at his home at 29 Hackmatac St. on Thursday and drove him upstate, said Investigator Eric Baez.

Rodack was charged with second-degree stalking and second-degree forgery, both felonies. If convicted, he could face up to 8 years in prison, Baez said. Mulvey said Rodack has a criminal history, but would not provide details.

An estranged brother reached by phone in Michigan last night declined to comment.

:ugh:

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/l...,0,1752277.story?coll=ny-topstories-headlines

:eek: He sounds too werid. Glad that psycho is off the street.

Gawd, makes me wonder what happened in his past that caused him to be the person he is now? Sure glad that he's off the streets now.

VamPyroX said:
Hmm... this gives me an idea! :twisted:

Some of thats pretty funny. I'm not much for pranks that really screw people up (like dead animals or false police reports)...but I love a good funny prank. I had a guy tick me off one time so I had some stuff sent to his house to help with his bed wetting problem (from one of those flyers you see at the grocery store).

Taylor,

Go arrest ------> Vampy

:giggle: ...

Glad to hear he is off the street....

Taylor said:
Some of thats pretty funny. I'm not much for pranks that really screw people up (like dead animals or false police reports)...but I love a good funny prank. I had a guy tick me off one time so I had some stuff sent to his house to help with his bed wetting problem (from one of those flyers you see at the grocery store).

tell us the FULL story!!! and dont leave out a DETAIL!! :popcorn:

Taylor said:
You can actually order realistic bogus post cards or envelopes. On it, it will have weird company names in the return address corner... "Masturbators Anonymous". Hehehe!

zesty said:
and you are ONE OF THE MODS!??? :shock:
What's wrong with having a little fun? Hehehe!

Actually, I'm not that stupid to do anything with dead animals or something like that. ;)

Back