Serial Killer responsible for Long Island Beach Deaths

FadedRose

Reaction score
I've known about the Long Island Serial killer since the news broke early this year. Hope they catch the person responsible.

Here's the link:Serial Killer Responsible For Long Island Beach Deaths: Police

At least this case is getting the spotlight but there is another big serial killer case that is still active that needs to be spotlighted as well. The New Mexico West Mesa Serial killer.

So far it has not been in the news as of late but if so I'll post the link to that one too.
Opinions on this case? Think they will catch the person? I do not think they will.

Yeah. I thought someone bumped this thread but I see it's a new one.

I was not aware that the long island serial killer had it's own thread on AD.
link?

I've known about the Long Island Serial killer since the news broke early this year. Hope they catch the person responsible.

Here's the link:Serial Killer Responsible For Long Island Beach Deaths: Police

At least this case is getting the spotlight but there is another big serial killer case that is still active that needs to be spotlighted as well. The New Mexico West Mesa Serial killer.

So far it has not been in the news as of late but if so I'll post the link to that one too.
Opinions on this case? Think they will catch the person? I do not think they will.

You never know. It took them around 20 years to finally catch Gary Ridgeway, AKA the Green River Killer. These serial murderers are tough to catch, but they eventually get careless and make a mistake that proves to be their downfall.

You never know. It took them around 20 years to finally catch Gary Ridgeway, AKA the Green River Killer. These serial murderers are tough to catch, but they eventually get careless and make a mistake that proves to be their downfall.

Well odds are good he won't remain unknown like Jack the Ripper due to advances in Forsenic technology but you never know. :dunno:

Well odds are good he won't remain unknown like Jack the Ripper due to advances in Forsenic technology but you never know. :dunno:

Right. But even with the advances in technology, these guys pose a challenge. Basically, it is a matter of waiting for them to get too confident and make a mistake so that the technology can even be applied. Serial killers are meticulous.

Ever read Patrica Cornwell's "Portrait of a Killer: Jack the Ripper"?

I think I did years ago but i don't think anyone will ever know who did it for certain. Though the book has some compelling info, I don't think it can be proven beyond reasonable doubt.

BTW, she used to live half a mile down from my home near the River Road in my old neighborhood though I will grant I never met her. Dunno if she still lives there.

Right. But even with the advances in technology, these guys pose a challenge. Basically, it is a matter of waiting for them to get too confident and make a mistake so that the technology can even be applied. Serial killers are meticulous.

Very true. There is a book on serial killers called Serial Killers: The Insatiable Passion by: David Lester PhD that I highly suggest. It's a great read and I used it in my criminal justice studies when I focused on serial killers mainly.
Serial killers are by far the most difficult to apprehend depending on the type they are( not always though ). The organized serial killer is the one that is the most difficult. Think the Zodiac when thinking of this kind of serial killer. The unorganized ones are the ones that make mistakes along the way and end up getting caught pretty soon but even the organized serial killer can slip into becoming an unorganized one as in the case of BTK when he made the mistake of using his churches computer to save a letter to a floppy disk/hard disk to mail to the local news office in which case they traced it back to the church and Dennis Radar was finally arrested. I personally believe that the new mexico serial killer and the long island serial killer have both moved to new states or counties to start again. It's not uncommon for serial killers to travel across the U.S dropping bodies here and there and by the time police realize they have a serial killer on their hands the person has moved on to another state or when the bodies are discovered the person either changes their method of killing which confuses investigators, or they will simply pick another hunting ground if they feel the heat creeping up on their necks. Not all of them run, as in the case of the BTK but these two in question I think have moved on or they are just going through a prolonged cooling off period before starting again, looking for a new burial site.

these guys give me the creeps....and the scary thing about the serial killer is the fact that you could very well know one and not even know it. Your co-worker, husband the local pizza boy you never know and to me it's pretty terrifying how they can hide in plain sight. Most people when they've met a serial killer and didn't know have all said that there was always something they could not pinpoint about the person and they would brush aside the intution because the person ( think Ted Bundy ) was "normal" but there is always something that these guys gave off. As much schooling as I've had on this subject I know for a fact that If I met one I'd never know it. That is very scary to think about. Even the professionals have been fooled. :eek3:

Back