September 11, 2001

I was wake up and turn on computer, sunddenly my friend from Wash DC im me that send me a pix of pengton fire. she got digital caemra. I was so puzzle and ask what is going on. she said plane was crash. I was :eek:. she said go watch tv. I turn on and :shock: saw very first time ever a real live plane hit the WTC. I was gasped, can't believe it. next few min I knew it ;it was something wrong. I im to my friend who live in MD. he was turn on and shocking. we knew it was terriost attack. May God Bless on Americans.

I was at work at the time... my co-worker was listening to her radio and her face was like :eek2: I asked her what's wrong?? and she told me what happened. I was like :ugh: whyyyy?? What the hell is going on?? Ya know? Then again she told me the 2nd time around then our jaws hit the floor. We were so shocked and we just couldn't believe it.... I have friends that lives there and they all are okay except one deaf man who lived in N.J. work there got killed. :( Met him personally through a mutual friend of mine and he was such a nice fella, wouldn't ever hurt a fly. I'm very sorry for those who didn't survive the incident. It's really sad...

Originally posted by kevbo
The day before 11th, my professor told me to go to WTC so I have to buy some books for my class since my old college(Hudson County Community College) do not have books to sell. I was planning on going to WTC in the morning but I overslept. :eek:
you are damnn lucky!!!

i was at school, in library and one computer techman in the libary said a 747 airplane hit the towers i was like wtf?? then my class went to next class and watched the rest ...

I was cleaning around the house and didn't have time to watch the shows on tv then its time for me to tune in to watch my favorite soap opera and was so pissed off that news interrupted my favorite show then learned what happened to WTC. The first thing I saw on tv was the planes that crashed into WTC.

Where were you when Sept. 11 incidents happened in New York and Washington DC?

I was just wondering where you guys were when that happened. I sure hope it isn't a repost as I haven't been in AD 1 as I am aware this one is the 2nd one, right?

MOD: if this is a repost, I apologise and could you move it to the correct thread if there's one. :) Ta!

I was asleep as it was September 12th around 1am when the incidents in NY and Washington DC began to happen. (Remember, I'm in Australia and we're about a day (18+ hours) ahead. My father in law rang my husband and woke us up and said to watch TV, 'America's being attacked.' That scared me...I did'nt know what to expect, so I turned the TV on. The first pictures I saw was of one World Trade Centre on fire with smoke billowing from it. I immediately went online to check to make sure my sister was OK as she lives in Maryland, not too far from Washington DC...as reports came in about a plane crashing into the Pentagon.

Sister was OK -- it was strange that I was the ONE relaying the news to her as there were no TV's where she works and she had NO idea what was happening, so I told her what was going on, etc.
It was quite distressing watching a plane crash into the 2nd WTC then them collapsing. I cried when I saw people hanging out from the windows and then falling out. It was terrible. :cry:

:madfawk: at those damned bloody terrorists! They killed thousands of people at the WTC and some at Pentagon and in the planes!

*sighing* Had to vent this out -- just wish that there was a way to eridicate those terrorists off the face of earth.

hey waterrats yes this is a repost of the thread I MADE when i first started AD its not ur fault, i ll ask the mods to find it if not then we can keep this thread alrighty ???

me i was asleep with my sister in California, she woke me up and told me the WTC was being bombed i was like HUH?? and i said it was already bombed in 1993 if i remmied right she said NO NO TURN ON THE TV ! i said fine i did and i was stunned I JUST HIGHTAILED IT online to im all my friends to see if thier all right the last one to count for was fly free and she pah e mailed saying she was ok whew!

I was sleeping. I didn't know about the incident until I logged on AOL. I got on AOL and the first thing I saw was "plane crashes into WTC". I thought it was a plot for an upcoming movie. When I clicked on it, I was almost speechless. After I got ready for class and left my room, I walked by another room whose door was open. When I looked in, that resident's tv was on and I could see the replay of the planes crashing into the WTC. That's when I was like... "whoa!"

I was working at my old job. I heard it on the radio in the kitchen and at first i didnt believe untill i went home and saw it on the news.

Was on the way to pick up my now ex girlfriend, when I saw a lot of cars parked on the side of the highway. Looked to my right and saw a huge smoke. "What's the fucking big deal -- didn't these people see a fire before?" I turned on the radio until the DJ interrupted the music and announced the an airplane has struck the WTC. I just froze for a second and tried to keep my composure as I drove....

i was at work when it happened and all security measures were immediately put in effect and cops were EVERYWHERE and the helicopters were everywhere too patrolling the airspace around DC and the suburbs -- yea i remmy Javapride was getting freaked out as well as other friends who were having such a hard time getting ahold of me via pager or tty or internet -- many had to wait til later in the evening

i had a friend who worked at the Pentagon at the time of the crash and he survived only to be hit with a stroke a week later after Sept 11th due to high stress levels and etc -- he has since retired

Originally posted by Alex
Was on the way to pick up my now ex girlfriend, when I saw a lot of cars parked on the side of the highway. Looked to my right and saw a huge smoke. "What's the fucking big deal -- didn't these people see a fire before?" I turned on the radio until the DJ interrupted the music and announced the an airplane has struck the WTC. I just froze for a second and tried to keep my composure as I drove....

I see that you live in New York -- so just how CLOSE were you to the WTC? Were you able to see it at all? I know it must've been quite a scary period at the time...what was it like with the people around there? I know panic must've gotten started about the time the 2nd plane came in.

Did you visit the Ground Zero and pay respects to the people who perished there? I planned on going there when I was visiting in Washington, DC, but didn't feel like going anywhere as I had a personal and family emergency at the time. (November 2001)

Originally posted by Fly Free
i was at work when it happened and all security measures were immediately put in effect and cops were EVERYWHERE and the helicopters were everywhere too patrolling the airspace around DC and the suburbs -- yea i remmy Javapride was getting freaked out as well as other friends who were having such a hard time getting ahold of me via pager or tty or internet -- many had to wait til later in the evening

i had a friend who worked at the Pentagon at the time of the crash and he survived only to be hit with a stroke a week later after Sept 11th due to high stress levels and etc -- he has since retired

Gosh...bad luck for your friend to be struck down by stroke a week after surviving the hit at Pentagon. I hope he's OK, is he?

Originally posted by WaterRats13
I see that you live in New York -- so just how CLOSE were you to the WTC? Were you able to see it at all? I know it must've been quite a scary period at the time...what was it like with the people around there? I know panic must've gotten started about the time the 2nd plane came in.

Did you visit the Ground Zero and pay respects to the people who perished there? I planned on going there when I was visiting in Washington, DC, but didn't feel like going anywhere as I had a personal and family emergency at the time. (November 2001)
Actually, I used to live 15-20 minutes away from NYC. I was driving on RT 3, near the Giants stadium, and I could see the WTC a few miles away. As for visiting the WTC to pay my respect to the victims, well, I didn't have the chance, no. I was planning on it with my friends, but it never happened. :(

Originally posted by WaterRats13
Gosh...bad luck for your friend to be struck down by stroke a week after surviving the hit at Pentagon. I hope he's OK, is he?

yes he is ok -- has since moved out of state

Originally posted by kevbo
The day before 11th, my professor told me to go to WTC so I have to buy some books for my class since my old college(Hudson County Community College) do not have books to sell. I was planning on going to WTC in the morning but I overslept. :eek:

Holy Shit....I know I'm a few months late in responding to this -- I'm reading this thread as I was notified that I had done a repost about Sept 11th.
I hope you have thanked your lucky stars that you DID oversleep that day when you were supposed to go to the WTC.

My repost thread

I have already apologised for the reposting of this.

Cheers

I was in my Computer class with my then boyfriend talking when we saw our computer teacher got pulled out of class. Then we saw her rushing to the office crying, and sub took over the class. And the sub announced WTC had been attacked. Tv was on adn everything. We later learned that the computer teacher's son was in the building. Sucks eh?

Originally posted by whodatshroom
I was in my Computer class with my then boyfriend talking when we saw our computer teacher got pulled out of class. Then we saw her rushing to the office crying, and sub took over the class. And the sub announced WTC had been attacked. Tv was on adn everything. We later learned that the computer teacher's son was in the building. Sucks eh?

OMG THATS SOOO SAD, may her son rest in peace, i pray for those who have lost thier lives on this and that they were able to go home to the heavens gates and not stuck here wondering what has happeend to them.

Back