Seniors?

linicx

Reaction score
I read a lot of smart young voices here, but I've been curious for a while if there are other seniors like me? I'm retired. I didn't begin to lose my sight and hearing until about age 65. It's been a slow but steady decline ever since.

I don't see well enough to learn ASL; I wish I did. I would love to hear from other seniors or those nearing retirement. I don't live anywhere near a deaf community. I wouldn't know where to look. i welcome the company and conversation. ~ linicx

Forty is the oldster of youth, whilst fifty is the teenager of old age.

There are at least a few of us 60+'ers here (though I won't be 60 till later this year.

I began losing my hearing in my mid-30's (hereditary). I'm now severe-to-profound, but not yet qualified for a CI. I'm trialling a new pair of hearing aids (Siemens Nitros).

I'm a year younger than LoveBlue, although some people think I am ancient...

I met my grandchild for the first time this week. He'll soon be 13! I had a wonderful time. He wants to come back; sez his other granny is waaaay too cranky.

Maybe we can ...

form a senior group if enough are interested? I am isolated, so I like the idea. I'm not even opposed to dating but I haven't had a real date for over 30 years.

There are at least a few of us 60+'ers here (though I won't be 60 till later this year.

I began losing my hearing in my mid-30's (hereditary). I'm now severe-to-profound, but not yet qualified for a CI. I'm trialling a new pair of hearing aids (Siemens Nitros).

I got grandson and collect oap there quite a few of us on here who do.mixture young old hearing and deaf,not all yanki either.Sometimes we disagree get cross on one thread and friends and agree on other threads...I do hope you stay and join in

welcome aboard!....:wave:...at 68....I'm young at heart...:giggle:...oral and a signer too....Just became a great-grandmother 4 months ago...a boy!...Lots of seniors here.

I am an Elder, a woman, at 69 years old going on 70 in the Fall. I have 4 granddaughters and 1 grandson (last one after the girls). I am an ASL user but can speak, not very well. I have a funny loud voice.

You can create your own group in your profile and we might join your group if we wanted to. Good luck. :)

welcome aboard!....:wave:...at 68....I'm young at heart...:giggle:...oral and a signer too....Just became a great-grandmother 4 months ago...a boy!...Lots of seniors here.

you done typo error so as beb noooooooooooooooo way both that age you mean 59

To answer all .... I'm not going anywhere. I might try to start a group. I would love to share ideas, recipes, places I've been, bucket list, etc.. More importantly, I want to learn, too. I think. The kid was trying to teach me how to play 'Chicken Foot" with a single set of Double Six Domino tiles. It's different; it didn't make any sense. Cribbage was a big shock. I hadn't played since a stroke. I didn't realize until then how much of the 'how to play' had been permanently erased. I will have to re-learn some of it again.

I noticed Bebonang is in Santa Fe. I spent many an hour in NM, but never ventured that far north. I did really like Ruidoso and the whole state for the most part. I lived in seven states. When I became an adult I was able to travel. I loved the slower paced highways and byways that allowed me to stop on a dime. America really is beautiful. The small towns are like a box of chocolates. You don't know what you will find next.

If you are interested let me KNOW what you like and I will attempt to start a know-it-all group. LOL it sounds crazy until you consider that collectively we do know a lot of stuff.

I have noticed that groups usually fail. It's a lot of effort to check the boards and separate groups also.

What might work better is to start threads that would be of specific interest to older people and then they can jump in while just checking the board.

True Botti...I started a group "Baby Boomers"...had a few replies...then it just sort of fizzled...if the OP wants to take a look and respond, he/she is welcome to do so....

Well, I started a group called This 'n That. No rules. Everyone is welcome. I hope to generate interest in all types of subjects. I started with a little information on the picture I don't have a pic of a group of people but I go to a park that has lots of people because of its natural spring and lagoon.

Back