Senate OKs 4-month delay to digital TV changeover

Reaction score
Helping people make the digital TV switch
Earl Mostoles, right, helps Arlene Sato set up her digital receiver for her old AP – Earl Mostoles, right, helps Arlene Sato set up her digital receiver for her old analog television in …

WASHINGTON – People who have not gotten their TV sets ready for the changeover to digital signals could earn a four-month reprieve under a bill making its way through Congress.

The Senate voted Monday to delay until June 12 the deadline for the changeover from analog to digital television broadcasting. People still getting their pictures through old-fashioned antennas otherwise would face a Feb. 17 cutoff.

Comparable legislation is being readied in the House, and the Obama administration has called for a delay amid mounting concerns that too many Americans who rely on over-the-air broadcast signals won't be ready.

It's estimated that more than 6.5 million U.S. households are still not prepared for the upcoming transition.

website: Senate OKs 4-month delay to digital TV changeover - Yahoo! News

It's only less 6.5% people in America who do not have DTV yet. Sheesh. Waste!

Bad move, Obama!

It's only less 6.5% people in America who do not have DTV yet. Sheesh. Waste!

Bad move, Obama!

Oh man, funds for TV coupons are closer to run out and need more funds for give a coupons to people who need for converter box, they are on wait list until funds make available.

Blame on Obama is moot because you should blame to his team or congress but that's not issue for you.

They keep postponing since 2 years. Now this is the another delay, this better be the last chance!

If I were them, I would just go ahead as planned. By June, 6.5 million households still will not be ready for the transition.

They will have to be forced into it. It's the only way.

Analog shut off were postponed about 2 or 3 times but some people does not ready to get digital converter or HDTV set and Senate did approved for make to postpone to June 12, 2009 instead of Feb 17 2009 but I have HDTV and DTV sets in my home now.

Back