Selective abortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, of course, if they were hungry but my cats were NOT hungry. They just kill for "sports." They literally torture them painfully for a long time. It's NOT a quick kill. Me, I do a quick kill so the animal does not have to suffer more.

I sincerely apologize that I have a conscious decision to make sure that the killing has to be done quickly.

I guess there are those that believe that a long painful tortuous death is to be preferred under all circumstances.:cool2:

You dont need to apologize, I am not judging you. You can kill something already about to die, if you dont want them to suffer any further. Yes cats do that, because they are hunters. Its not always for food. I am just different than you, thats why I asked. I let the nature handle its own job. My cat doesnt find mice but hunts the bugs all the time. I let him do as he wishes.

Relating what you said to abortion, I believe if something is already dying helping it to die or letting nature to do its job is a decision to make. I do not blame anybody who want to end suffering.

-

I think you missed the sarcasm in netrox's post.

Yes, it is a baby. It shows its shape of the fetus' body and it is a " baby ". When a woman learns that she is pregnant - she will say to her spouse/lover " You are goin' to be a daddy! " or say " I am goin' to have a baby! ".

Have anyone heard a mother/woman say " I am goin' to have a fetus ? "

The key phrase here is "going to". That implies that it will be a baby after it is born in the future, not that it is a baby at that particular point in gestation.

The key phrase here is "going to". That implies that it will be a baby after it is born in the future, not that it is a baby at that particular point in gestation.

Well, a mother knew it is a baby in her womb. It's in her conscience, knowin' that it is a " baby " before the baby is born. It brings alive in her and she will prepare a nursery for that unborn child.

Well, a mother knew it is a baby in her womb. It's in her conscience, knowin' that it is a " baby " before the baby is born. It brings alive in her and she will prepare a nursery for that unborn child.

No, the statement "going to" means in the future. It is not a baby yet. If one is going to have a baby, then it will be in the future. It is not born yet, because it has not finished developing, and therefore, is not yet a baby. What is in the mind is based on what one will have after giving birth. Not what one has in the present.

Thank-you, You're a sweetheart. :hug: And yes, It was very traumatic for me, it doesn't end either, I'll find myself thinking about that day at the abortion clinic over the period of years. I was forced to have an abortion by my parents when I was at the age of 15/16 years old. But, I'm glad I have two wonderful boys, I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. ;)

Sorry it was traumatic but I'm sure your parents were looking out for your best interest. Afterall--they are responsible for ya. :)

No, the statement "going to" means in the future. It is not a baby yet. If one is going to have a baby, then it will be in the future. It is not born yet, because it has not finished developing, and therefore, is not yet a baby. What is in the mind is based on what one will have after giving birth. Not what one has in the present.

I think you misunderstood me, girl -- when she learns that she is goin' to have a baby... she is not thinkin' like a fetus in her, but a word " baby " in her. She is really pregnant. That's what she exclaims it over... excitement, knowin' that she is goin' to have a baby after 9 months. She knew in her conscience that she is havin' a baby. Understand ? I don't care about gestation since I believe that a baby was formed by cells - that cells have its breathin' of life in it to bring alive to form somethin'. Without its " life ", cells will die and will not form a fetus. It's what everyone call baby a " miracle ". It's an awe and wonder by how the baby was made........

Um, of course, if they were hungry but my cats were NOT hungry. They just kill for "sports." They literally torture them painfully for a long time. It's NOT a quick kill. Me, I do a quick kill so the animal does not have to suffer more.

I sincerely apologize that I have a conscious decision to make sure that the killing has to be done quickly.

and I support your action. What you did was humane. What Hermes speak of is out of touch with reality.... like McCain

Then, what is your opposition to selective abortion?

Are you asking me what I would do, or how I would regulate to situation?

I let world to be and take the form it needs to take. Whatever people needs to do they will and they will create the world they want to live in. I am not a side in that.

But if you are asking me what I would do if I faced with this situation, I will try to give you a very honest answer:

I do not want to face with such a decision. Bringing another human being in this world is not one of my plans. I am being very careful about it. But if it happened and something went wrong and I needed to make a decision, then my honest answer is, I do not know what I would do. Whatever I tell you will be a lie without reallying facing it. I can only wish for not being forced to make such a decision.

-

Oh. O.K. Looked to me as if sahe was agreeing with Highlands.

I agree with Highlands that it's not proper of you to post and ask Cheri that question. Simple as that.......

I think you misunderstood me, girl -- when she learns that she is goin' to have a baby... she is not thinkin' like a fetus in her, but a word " baby " in her. She is really pregnant. That's what she exclaims it over... excitement, knowin' that she is goin' to have a baby after 9 months. She knew in her conscience that she is havin' a baby. Understand ? I don't care about gestation since I believe that a baby was formed by cells - that cells have its breathin' of life in it to bring alive to form somethin'. Without its " life ", cells will die and will not form a fetus. It's what everyone call baby a " miracle ". It's an awe and wonder by how the baby was made........

Yes, she really is pregnant. And the very fact that the fetus is still inside her and not ready to be born means that it is not, at that moment a baby. What she is talking about is still in the future, and her imagination is projecting into the future.

I agree with Highlands that it's not proper of you to post and ask Cheri that question. Simple as that.......

Then perhaps she should have been more clear on whether she was 15 or 16, or 15 and 16. It is not an unreasonable question given the post.

Likewise, if she doesn't want to be questioned, then perhaps it is best not to post personal experience in a public forum.

Ok but you're going off track. What you speak of is just the emotional connotation to the word. Seems like "parasite" and maybe "fetus" obviously have a negative connotation for you. But these terms (without bias and emotion attached to it) are scientifically, medically, politically and legally correct.

Ok but you're going off track. What you speak of is just the emotional connotation to the word. Seems like "parasite" and maybe "fetus" have a negative connotation for you. But these terms (without bias and emotion attached to it) are scientifically, medically, politically and legally correct.

Exactly.

Fetus......... Baby
Rape.......... Sexually Assaulted
Adultery..... Affair

Left column.... Right column.... Both are exactly same meanings but obviously - these words carry different emotional impact and connotation. Please keep those out of debate if we want to come to agreement. That's why religions and emotions have no standing in any debate. That's why those kind of activists rarely win any legal proceedings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back