Seeking information on BAJA implants

lcturnblacer

Reaction score
Hi - I am new to this site. I had the BAJA implant surgery Sept. 3rd at Johns Hopkins and will be fitted w/ the processor on Dec. 2nd. I would like to talk with anyone who has a BAJA now to compare notes and ask some questions. Thanks!

Hi and welcome to AD:welcome: ... I believe we know each other from HE ???

I just wanted to confirm that you were implanted with the Bone Anchored Hearing Aid (BAHA) correct ?? I'm unaware of a "J" :hmm:... so I just thought I'd check that we were on the same page ??

Welcome ! and I hope some of our BAHA members jump on to greet you as well soon :)

If you're talking about BAHA, i have one. I don't wear it anymore though. mostly because I have a cochlear implant now, but I also stopped wearing it because eventually, as i lost more hearing, it wasn't powerful enough. if that's what you're referring to, i'd be happy to answer any questions if you have some.

BAHA/ Not for Everyone

My surgeon tried to fix my right ear affected by Menier's disease. The surgery was and Endolymphatic Sac decompression with an added shunt. The outcome was total deafness in my right ear. He kept telling me the BAHA would be so great and it would allow me to hear on my right side. I think this might have been true for some, but my left ear also has Meniere's. In my situation, the BAHA was a complete waste. I do think if the problem you are experiencing is caused by bone conduction hearing loss, you would benefit tramendously. For me, my BAHA surgery was the biggest mistake in my adult life. Feel free to ask me any questions. Remember to take care of the post and keep it clean after it heals. I've had a couple of irritations that led to infection.

Last edited:
Hi
I am wearing a BAHA for unilateral deafness. Pleased with it :)

New to the implant

I just had the final step with the sound processor added 5 days ago. Its a very weird thing to suddenly after 34 years be able to hear things on that side. But i am having a minor issue, is there always going to be so much white noise with this. the white noise is as loud as people talking, effectively making it impossible to stand. I thought id give it a week to see if it was just me, but its not stopping. to the point where after awhile the noise gets to me and i shut it off to have some peace. Like the whole world was put on speakerphone at the ocean. anyone else have this issue?

Back