Seeking friends and knowledge.

Crassus

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am a hearing girl who is trying to learn about Deaf culture, learn ASL, and above all, make some friends. The college I go to unfortunately doesn't offer ASL classes, but a friend of mine started an ASL club for anyone who wants to learn, so we've been trying to learn together. None of us are experts in ASL (although some are much better than others), but we try our best.
Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all, and I hope you are having a lovely day.

Hi! I have been doing the ASL university (lifeprints) lessons and they are really helpful. I'm also trying to find more opportunities to sign. I'm in ASL classes but it's hard if you don't use what you learn in class. I don't understand speech that well but everyone around me still insists on talking to me and they don't sign. But of course fluent signers are way too fast for me to understand!:( I'd love to make more signing buddies. If you are up for video chatting I need all the practice I can get! PM me if you're interested.

Back