SEE sign for "it"

Mrman

Reaction score
I'm assuming there is a sign for "it" in SEE but I haven't found it on the Internet. I know in ASL a lot of words aren't signed but I want to know some of the words that aren't signed in case it would be useful to be more clear. Does anybody what the sign looks like or have a link to it?

I'm assuming there is a sign for "it" in SEE but I haven't found it on the Internet. I know in ASL a lot of words aren't signed but I want to know some of the words that aren't signed in case it would be useful to be more clear. Does anybody what the sign looks like or have a link to it?

Take your hands, and have your palms facing each other. (That isn't part of the sign, but an effort to make clear which way your palm is facing.)

If your right hand is dominant, you take your right pinky finger and place it in the middle of your left flat palm (oriented the way I described above).

I don't believe there is one...you prob have to fingerspell it
See above. Even some ASLers use that sign. Some don't fingerspell it at all. Some point a finger like this.

Jjr1IeA.jpg

I have never seen the two handed sign at all. My native Deaf tutor just points with index finger, as Bill Vicars above, when more clarification is needed.

I thought it was like that except instead of tapping it, I thought the pinky side of your hand is placed on an open palm. For some reason I think that's the sign for island. Is that right?

You don't tap it multiple times for it, just once.

Island is palm down, with the pinky circling around and then placed on your palm. There aren't any online resources for SEE, but there are lots of resources online for these signs in ASL (many of which are the same).

Sign for ISLAND | ASL Sign Language Video Dictionary

I don't know why anyone would want to use TWO hands to sign a 2-letter word. What purpose does that serve? Anyone will get the job done faster by simply fingerspelling "i-t". (Or even pointing, as CrazyPaul said above.)

I don't know why anyone would want to use TWO hands to sign a 2-letter word. What purpose does that serve? Anyone will get the job done faster by simply fingerspelling "i-t". (Or even pointing, as CrazyPaul said above.)
We are individuals so we don't always sign the same way.

Even ASLers are different from each other. We have our own preferences.

For example, to say "That's it."

Some sign "That" in ASL, then "it" in SEE.

Some sign "That" in ASL, then fingerspell "it".

Some sign just "That" in ASL, no mention of "it".

To each our own. I am sure Reba knows.

Back