Secret is OUT! i got jobs at Walmart!

Do you get health insurance, vacation, and retirement benefits through WalMart?
If so, how many vacation hours do you earn per month?
Do you get employment discount to shop at WalMart/Sam's Club?

As former Walmart employee, I can answer.

Yes, Walmart has health insurance but it is expensive with limited coverage. You have to work one year to get 1 week vacation per year but it will increase to 2 weeks per year if you work for 2 years, then 4 weeks per year after work for 5 years. There is retirement benefit via 401k that where you pay as Walmart match.

For employee discount, yes but only 10%.

Also, food and gas are exempt from 10% employee discount.

No discount for food is one of most stupidest move.

Stupidest move? I don't think so, the average profit from supermarket is 3% so technically awl mart don't have much room to give discounts to employee. Supermarket is in tight business.

Also, food and gas are exempt from 10% employee discount.

No discount for food is one of most stupidest move.

Stupidest move? I don't think so, the average profit from supermarket is 3% so technically awl mart don't have much room to give discounts to employee. Supermarket is in tight business.

Walmart made a good profit from grocery sales, also they make grocery cheaper than other competitors, especially Publix.
Wal-Mart's Growing Grocery Business Is Good For Its Sales, But Not For Margins -- Trefis

Also, in my state, there is no sale tax exemption on all foods - it means you have to pay 10% sale tax on grocery if you are in my state.

I don't trust Walmart over packaging meats and I know some customers left packaged meats in general merchandise area at room temperature so some idiot employees took meat back to meat instead of goes to damage/spoil bins, also same goes with eggs. I got ill from bad meat so I prefer regular grocery for meat, dairy, eggs and cold foods for my health safety.

Do you get health insurance, vacation, and retirement benefits through WalMart?
If so, how many vacation hours do you earn per month?
Do you get employment discount to shop at WalMart/Sam's Club?

I will get discount,insurance,health,vacation,retirement and mores needs in Walmart

Mine is $8.45 hours not $8.50! and also 32 hours plus nine hours $8.45x9=$76.05 I'm misunderstood about hours I would taking more over thousand dollars on payday!

Manager says I get discount cards in 90 days it's would be November and also I get Walmart credit cards with debit without overdraft..

I'm taking vacation include august for my cousin's wedding on august I'm gone for one weeks after I had eye appt and I have cruise with my aunt this November..

Last edited:
I will get discount,insurance,health,vacation,retirement and mores needs in Walmart

Mine is $8.50 hours and 32 hours plus nine hours $8.50x9=$76.50

Manager says I get discount cards in 90 days it's would be November and also I get Walmart credit cards with debit without overdraft

It means you will make $1088 per month for 32 hours weekly and $306 per month for 9 hours additional weekly.

You know I've heard lots of crap about walmart, but after talking to an employee in person I'm slightly envious, overall it seems like a great place with benefits unlike other jobs, not to mention they're not gonna let anything ie; parapalegia, etc. Stop them from hiring a good worker, which I respect. Congrats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AllDeaf App mobile app

It means you will make $1088 per month for 32 hours weekly and $306 per month for 9 hours additional weekly.

Yep what walmart manager says to me on orientations last Saturday August 9 that why explain to me about hours require include get more money for me on paycheck every two weeks on Thursday if Walmart manager is right they add it then.

We have wait and see..

:thumb:

it's great that you're getting out of the house and doing something productive

Congratulations ! New job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back