second degree

I've got a BA and MA degree, and I'm working on a PhD. It seems an interminable process at times.

Shel, how did (does?) your brother like McDaniel? I was there for a while as an undergrad, but transferred out before finishing the program. What program is/was he in?

I'm in the process of finishing my second degree. Hopefully, I'll finish in February 2007.

I've got a BA and MA degree, and I'm working on a PhD. It seems an interminable process at times.

Shel, how did (does?) your brother like McDaniel? I was there for a while as an undergrad, but transferred out before finishing the program. What program is/was he in?

My brother is doing the summer-only grad program for deaf education cuz he is a PE teacher at PDSD and he needs to get his Master's as required by his job.

He just started last summer and he said it was very challenging compared to Gallaudet. Not surprised there! hehehe

My brother is doing the summer-only grad program for deaf education cuz he is a PE teacher at PDSD and he needs to get his Master's as required by his job.

He just started last summer and he said it was very challenging compared to Gallaudet. Not surprised there! hehehe

I've toyed with the idea of someday going back to finish the deaf studies / deaf ed program there, though I suppose that would be purely for personal edification at this point...

I've heard good and bad things about the grad deaf ed program from those involved, though I really know nothing about the summer program itself. Is it the coursework that your brother finds more challenging, or the curriculum in general, or the fact that it's compressed into summer sessions? (And is he comparing it to undergrad work at Gally, or did he do grad work there as well?)

I've toyed with the idea of someday going back to finish the deaf studies / deaf ed program there, though I suppose that would be purely for personal edification at this point...

I've heard good and bad things about the grad deaf ed program from those involved, though I really know nothing about the summer program itself. Is it the coursework that your brother finds more challenging, or the curriculum in general, or the fact that it's compressed into summer sessions? (And is he comparing it to undergrad work at Gally, or did he do grad work there as well?)

He is comparing it to his undergrad work at Gally. I think both the curriculm and the fact that the courses are compressed are challenging for him cuz he has never experienced summer school or education courses. I helped him with one paper and I did grad work at Gallaudet in which I passed with flying colors. However, the paper that I helped my brother with recieved a "F" ...whoa! A lot of the facts in the paper werent accepted by the instructor. I was really puzzled cuz I am a teacher and I used my personal experience to add to the paper and they were "wrong". Doesnt make sense.

I got my Master's in deaf ed from Gallaudet...I think there was too much emphasis on theories and not enough application of them in the program. However, I heard that the new dept head took over the fall after I graduated and improved the program.

I have two college degrees, an Associate of Science in Drafting and a Bachelor of Architecture. I don't think I am going to pursue Master's Degree someday...

I helped him with one paper and I did grad work at Gallaudet in which I passed with flying colors. However, the paper that I helped my brother with recieved a "F" ...whoa! A lot of the facts in the paper werent accepted by the instructor. I was really puzzled cuz I am a teacher and I used my personal experience to add to the paper and they were "wrong". Doesnt make sense.

Hmm... that seems oddly reminiscent of my experience at that school. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Already have Assoicates in liberal arts, but am going for BS in psychology right now and I'm not sure if it was a right choice

I'm working on graduate in psychology (psycholinguistic focus with clinical endorsement). Why do you wonder if it was a right choice to pursue BS in psych?

Back