Sea too blue, waiter too handsome; oddest hotel complaints

rockin'robin

Reaction score
London (AFP) - An overly-handsome waiter, a snoring girlfriend and the sea being too blue are among some of the bizarre complaints made to hotel staff, according to a survey published Monday.

Travel search engine Skyscanner quizzed 400 international hotel workers to draw up a list of the top ten unusual grumbles and diva-like demands.

Other complaints included sheets being too white, ice cream being too cold, the bath being too big and no steak on a vegetarian menu.

One customer asked for a discount after his sleep was disturbed by his snoring girlfriend, while another asked for a refund as his dog had had an unhappy stay.

Staff in a hotel in London's Mayfair were taken aback when a client bemoaned the lack of an ocean view.

Equally eyebrow raising are some of the requests, including one for a dead mouse.

One guest asked for a bowl of crocodile soup, another for a bath of honey while one hungry punter demanded 15 cucumbers a day.

Most unusual complaints revealed by hotel staff:

1) The sheets are too white

2) The sea was too blue

3) Ice cream too cold

4) Bath was too big

5) Girlfriend's snoring kept guest awake

6) Guest's dog didn’t enjoy his stay

7) Hotel had no ocean view (in Mayfair, London)

8) There was no steak on vegetarian menu

9) Waiter was too handsome

10) Mother of groom wasn't given the honeymoon suite

Most unusual hotel requests revealed by hotel staff:

1) One glass of water on the hour every hour, throughout the night

2) 15 cucumbers a day

3) Toilet to be filled with mineral water

4) Bath of honey

5) Sound of goat bells to aid sleep

6) Only the right legs of a chicken

7) A dead mouse

8) Bath of chocolate milk

9) 16 pillows (for single guest)

10) Crocodile soup

Sea too blue, waiter too handsome; oddest hotel complaints

This remind of some the strange requests I got from my some of my clients .
One woman wanted me to count her spaghetti before cooking it she only wanted 65 pieces to be cooked and she also wanted me made some hard boiled eggs in the same pot. Another woman wanted me wash her hair and it had to be squeaky clean , she keep asking me if her hair was squeaky and I kept telling her I was hoh and could not hear her hair squeak . And another woman wanted her paper napkin to perfectly straight when it was on the coffee table it did not matter that she was going to be using it in a second .
I pretend to count the spaghetti . When you deal with the public you'll get all kind weird complains and requests. I love the one about the water being too blue and the sheet too white. I wonder where that person been swimming and how often the other person change their bed. :roll:

I order Pizza and say pepperoni on the right half and sausage on the left half. When they deliver I ask what it is, and they say half this and half that... then I ask, what side is it on...lmao

People..... are.... so............ stupid........

My favorite is when they stay in the hospital... If we're very short staffed ( which happens oh I don't know... ALL THE TIME... :mad: ) I will help the RN's make rounds in ICU or the stay overs in the ER even. I've had people ask for new beds... ( My bed is uncomfortable, do you think I can get a queen or something ) :shock: People ask for massages... My back is stiff, do you think you could come rub it for a few minutes? Do I LOOK like I massage therapist?! :mad: People who are perfectly fine ( recovering fine ) as in able to sit up in bed, respond and will be released in the next day or so and are just under observation who will ask for us to cut their food for them and pour condiments on their plate ect. ect. Umm, no. Grow up.... do it yourself. I did not spend forever and a day in college suffering to cut your food. If it were someone who was clearly in need, absolutely! But being released and clearly able bodied.... grrrrrr.... some people... just like these hotel complaints and requests.... are completely.... just.... ridiculous!

My favorite is when they stay in the hospital... If we're very short staffed ( which happens oh I don't know... ALL THE TIME... :mad: ) I will help the RN's make rounds in ICU or the stay overs in the ER even. I've had people ask for new beds... ( My bed is uncomfortable, do you think I can get a queen or something ) :shock: People ask for massages... My back is stiff, do you think you could come rub it for a few minutes? Do I LOOK like I massage therapist?! :mad: People who are perfectly fine ( recovering fine ) as in able to sit up in bed, respond and will be released in the next day or so and are just under observation who will ask for us to cut their food for them and pour condiments on their plate ect. ect. Umm, no. Grow up.... do it yourself. I did not spend forever and a day in college suffering to cut your food. If it were someone who was clearly in need, absolutely! But being released and clearly able bodied.... grrrrrr.... some people... just like these hotel complaints and requests.... are completely.... just.... ridiculous!

shut up and give me that Domino's pizza!

Health aides are only to do work for their client and not their guests . I had one client that wanted me to be a 'maid' to her guest and made her a meal then carry her luggage up long fight of stairs. I told my client "NO, I am not a maid , I am a health aide. People do not realize how much walking and lifting we have to do. I had one client that had a stroke and she weighted about 200 lbs . I had to help her get out of bed and when I started to put my arms around her my client tried to pull herself up by using my arm as a grab bar. The stupid fool was going to put all of her weight onto my arm and I told her "NO you can't do that! And my client wanted to know why she could not use my arm as grab bar. I was like WTF!! I asked a client where her mop was so I could wash her floor and she wanted me to get down on my hands and knees and scrub her floor. Right, I was going to get my white
pants all dirty and kneel on crap then go to my next client's house looking like shit. :roll:

I remember when I was staying at a campground one time and there was this couple with a super big RV next to us. They requested their water going into their RV be filtered. LOL!

shut up and give me that Domino's pizza!

Oopsie! Gone gone! :P

pizza.gif

I remember when I was staying at a campground one time and there was this couple with a super big RV next to us. They requested their water going into their RV be filtered. LOL!

They might had well stay home , I do not call that camping sleeping a big RV.

"I was sad that I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet"

People should be grateful for what they have instead of focusing on the negative.

They might had well stay home , I do not call that camping sleeping a big RV.

Doesn't matter if they are really camping or not. The point is that they wanted their water filtered and I thought it was strange but funny.

"I was sad that I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet"

People should be grateful for what they have instead of focusing on the negative.

The Gulistan of Sa'di... ( The Rose Garden ) Color me impressed, Sir. :)

Wisdom at its finest... excellent quote for this. :)

Back