Screw North Korean government

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you are wrong. The government takes an action only when the hack involves cyberterrorism. For example, a bank's cybersecurity system gets hacked, the bank has its own investigators to fix the problem so the government doesn't get involved. Why should our taxes go to an investigation on Sony hack if there's no cyberterrorism involved? Sony is a big money maker so it should get its own investigators to fix the problem but this time the government gets involved because there's cyberterrorism in the hack. That's all I can say. "The government help assist Sony" No, that's not what it's doing. The government is investigating cyberterrorism.

uh.... are you confused or something? why are you telling me what I've told you as if it's your own words? :confused:

bank (aka financial institutions which means credit companies too) and sony are different. there are actually federal laws and security standards for financial institutions that they have to abide by. Sony doesn't. that's why Sony's security system is pathetic while banks/financial institutions' security systems aren't.

again.... the government doesn't care if Sony got hacked or not. the government is simply very interested in the method of hacking and the level of damage it has incurred because the same method can be used on our nuclear power plant, power grid, infrastructure system, etc. btw - when I say government... I meant way high up.... high enough to get White House spooked enough to get NSA involved. it was easy enough for government to trace it back to North Korea.

typically when a corporation gets hacked - depending on what kind of info got stolen... FBI does usually involved because it's within their jurisdiction. a corporate espionage is a serious issue. in Sony's case... it was a corporate sabotage and a national security threat. it was a whole new level of cyberattack and that spooked White House because they never thought North Korea could do it.

cyberterrorism is a misnomer labeled by media because it sells. it makes you fearful. there is no cyberterrorism here. our country is not under attack or brought to heel at enemy. what happened to Sony is not even a cyberterrorism. I'm sorry but threatening to reveal more employees' private information to public if "The Interview" was not pulled down is hardly a cyberterrorism.

corporate espionage (stealing sensitive information). corporate sabotage (wrecking its core function). cyberterrorism (an act of war). each of these acts is very different from each other.

for the past several years, it was mostly corporate espionages - mostly by Chinese. In Sony's case, it was a corporate sabotage. A cyberterrorism is where hackers attack and disrupt our nuclear power plants, power grids, infrastructure system, etc. a grave danger for a whole country to extort us - an act of war.

WTF? That's nothing new. Every time I or anyone else disagree with your post, you decide to degrade us. You are really the asshole. Many deafies write simple English so what the **** is your problem? In fact, you are no better than us. I never forget your replies to Foxrac to degrade him in the past. Get lost, asshole.

huh? I'm not talking about writing. I write simple English too. why would I need to write like Shakespeare? I can't even understand him anyway.

I'm talking about your source vs. my source. I gave you a source with far more details. and you gave me a source with far little details. and yet you're still bickering with me and using my words as your own words. huh? huh? huh?

umad bro?

The USA have been doing Military Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses (SEAD) for a long time. DIA and DISA also have red teams. The racist communist Chinese and the idiotic North Koreans are stupid.
for someone with "67,716 posts", get a job. Like any job with a DOD security clearance at the S or TS level....

huh? get a job? what does that have to do with this? are you telling me that I'm wrong? didn't I just say that the government have been doing this for a long time?

oy vey....

uh.... are you confused or something? why are you telling me what I've told you as if it's your own words? :confused:

bank (aka financial institutions which means credit companies too) and sony are different. there are actually federal laws and security standards for financial institutions that they have to abide by. Sony doesn't. that's why Sony's security system is pathetic while banks/financial institutions' security systems aren't.

again.... the government doesn't care if Sony got hacked or not. the government is simply very interested in the method of hacking and the level of damage it has incurred because the same method can be used on our nuclear power plant, power grid, infrastructure system, etc. btw - when I say government... I meant way high up.... high enough to get White House spooked enough to get NSA involved. it was easy enough for government to trace it back to North Korea.

typically when a corporation gets hacked - depending on what kind of info got stolen... FBI does usually involved because it's within their jurisdiction. a corporate espionage is a serious issue. in Sony's case... it was a corporate sabotage and a national security threat. it was a whole new level of cyberattack and that spooked White House because they never thought North Korea could do it.

cyberterrorism is a misnomer labeled by media because it sells. it makes you fearful. there is no cyberterrorism here. our country is not under attack or brought to heel at enemy. what happened to Sony is not even a cyberterrorism. I'm sorry but threatening to reveal more employees' private information to public if "The Interview" was not pulled down is hardly a cyberterrorism.

corporate espionage (stealing sensitive information). corporate sabotage (wrecking its core function). cyberterrorism (an act of war). each of these acts is very different from each other.

for the past several years, it was mostly corporate espionages - mostly by Chinese. In Sony's case, it was a corporate sabotage. A cyberterrorism is where hackers attack and disrupt our nuclear power plants, power grids, infrastructure system, etc. a grave danger for a whole country to extort us - an act of war.
The headline in the OP's link reads "Sony hackers threaten people who see 'The Interview', Invoke 9/11".

What's more,

Warning
We will clearly show it to you at the very time and places “The Interview” be shown, including the premiere, how bitter fate those who seek fun in terror should be doomed to.
Soon all the world will see what an awful movie Sony Pictures Entertainment has made.
The world will be full of fear.
Remember the 11th of September 2001.
We recommend you to keep yourself distant from the places at that time.
(If your house is nearby, you’d better leave.)
Whatever comes in the coming days is called by the greed of Sony Pictures Entertainment.
All the world will denounce the SONY.
So it's cyberterrorism, isn't it? Even the link you posted, http://www.slate.com/articles/techn...trators_should_be_called_cyberterrorists.html
the headline reads "The Sony hackers are terrorists".

The headline in the OP's link reads "Sony hackers threaten people who see 'The Interview', Invoke 9/11".

What's more,

So it's cyberterrorism, isn't it? Even the link you posted, http://www.slate.com/articles/techn...trators_should_be_called_cyberterrorists.html
the headline reads "The Sony hackers are terrorists".

do you know what media does for living? fear-mongering. misnomer. you're playing right into their pocket. the more fearful and uninformed you are, the more profits they make.

do you see White House condemning it as a cyberterrorism? an act of war? do you?

did you even read the whole article? they're actually debating over the term "cyberterrorist" and who and what gets to be called as cyberterrorist. the headline is a quote from some person who chimed in his five cents. take a look at the URL - www.slate.com/articles/technology/bitwise/2014/12/sony_pictures_hack_why_its_perpetrators_should_be_called_cyberterrorists.html

forget it. you didn't even read the whole article. you've basically proved my point.

The article I posted has a great detail and I know you would just skim over it to look for any trigger words (meaning... to look selectively for what you want) and not bothering with big picture.

READ THE ARTICLE COMPLETELY AND THOROUGHLY. PLEASE.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/19/med...ponds-to-president-obama/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Pres Obama made a good point that Sony should not cave because that means the hackers (terrorists) win if Sony caves.

Earlier this week, Sony canceled the film's Christmas Day release after major movie chains pulled out one day after a threat by the hackers invoking September 11th. The hackers then sent a message to Sony executives saying they had made a "very wise" decision not to show the movie.

Thread getting out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back