Scholarships/Grants

athleticandy88

Reaction score
I've been accepted to Rio Grande University In Rio Grande, OH and I am 100 to the right and 80 to the left w/ a hearing loss and I only got $15,00.00 for my FASFA.

Where can I apply for more grants or anything else???

What about a scholarship award? (i.e. photography award, art award, sport award, etc.)

In my HS, I had a photography award for about $3,000 to cover some of my college expense.

I've been accepted to Rio Grande University In Rio Grande, OH and I am 100 to the right and 80 to the left w/ a hearing loss and I only got $15,00.00 for my FASFA.

Where can I apply for more grants or anything else???

First--check with your high school regarding any scholarships they have available to cover your first year.

Second--check with Rio Grande and see if they have an online scholarship application you can fill out. That will qualifiy your for additional scholarships they have available through the school.

Third, Google "Scholarships for the Deaf." It will pop up several possibilites. Since I don't know your specific needs--other than deaf--I don't know which one's to point you to.

Good luck, and congratulations on Rio Grande. Good school!

If you check the financial aid office on campus, you might be able to find other scholarship offers. Also, check with your financial aid advisor/counselor and he/she might be able to provide you with more information.

There are also other ways to save money.

When I entered graduate school, I no longer received VR support. So, I applied for a job as a resident advisor. That job offered free room and board. I only had to deal with tuition... which my loans and scholarships covered. :thumb:

I doubt that you will get more scholarships because most companies or people will look up your background, and it is NOT a possible for you to get another one because you had the large amount of money that you received ($15,000) so it is once in your lifetime.

For a financial aid office on campus, you could try that one. If you got one, you would receive less money so it is better than no money.

Back