Scary Interpreter

e

Reaction score
im gonna post about one of a few strange interpreters i had back then....
i met with my interpreter at an appointment, she dressed oddly enough old style clothes such like in the 80's. black 'n' white in order clothes. anyway, when no one was talking, i was just sitting and wandered, waited for the doctor. the interpreter turned at me said "jesus loves you" i was like :shock:. she nodded at me, smiled and said yes, jesus loves you. i was thinking wtf were you suddenly possessed or something? i was so nervous about that. when i got home, i told my mom about it. she got really pissed off about how interpreter went cross the line in business. she called up the agency to file complaint. i dont know what happened to her then.
im sure some of you had creepy interpreters, post away!

Haha. Well, creationism & education merged together into these schools nowaday ever since 'darkest day'.

Anyway I had this experience with one interpreter, heck, we grew up together in old times.. and haven't seen her for several years. I asked for her to be my interpreter since I know her and she can read my ASL without any difficulties. At one time, she got into the classroom and start to interpreting when the class gets start and.. she started to cry. She has been wept thru whole of the class. I don't have any faint idea why she did that... I was so speechless and teacher is not sure what she needs to do as well.. I asked her twice if she wants to leave and calm down then come back, she can do that but she refused and kept crying during interpreting..

I never found out why she did that but I know one thing that can make any woman crying: boyfriend/man stuff. That was my odd moment with the interpreter(s).

Edit: Of course, I haven't report anything about it... She is very good interpreter and I want to keep her. That is only once in our time. Well, you know, people have their own good and bad moments. That's one of them for her :)

Last edited:
I'm sure the interpreter meant you no harm, I think. She sounded like a friendly (if slightly eccentric) person. :) But I can understand it is pretty inappropriate for someone to say something religious while on duty as an interpreter, I guess.

Huh, wearing 80's clothes are considered old style by only 20 years ago??? I still have a few of my favorite clothes from late 80's that are not too out of date. Does it means I'm old fashioned? ;)

Interpreters should not be involving religion in their business. That's a big no-no! :nono:

wow, interesting thread.

Interpreters should not be involve between private and duty.

Yeah, few Interpreters are odd but I ingored their remark. I named the list of Interpreters on the application form to Interpreter Agency telling them that I don´t want to have them in the future.

Mag, I suspect that your interpreter
might have a bipolar hitting her
on a wrong time that's almost impossible
for her to control it... you're sweet
cuz you didn't report it and
it occurred only once...

Yes, i think interpreters should keep
private things separate from business...

(Except when something went
very very bad at the office
such as 9/11 I'm sure that would
be a different story on special
rare & reasonable circumstances)

Unless its church or religious activites, long as it is, its fine but not @ dr appt... No-No!!!

Theres an Interpreter that I miss. She is on the opposite side of scary. And i really mean it.

She's one hell of an interpreter. Now she lives in Manhattan.

Wondering if anyone knows her, her name is Margarita.

LOL, I know the feeling about scary interpreters I had my share with one of them during my pregnancy doctor's visits.

What happen was I was there on time she was running late, then she arrived about 15-20 mins later and said she had another apportionment earlier and it went late, So It was fine, then we went in the exam room and she started going through her purse and grabbed a bag of chips and started eating, and then the dr. came in and she was signing and chips were flying all over the place, Then she started picking them off the floor and eating the chips that were on the floor. :shock:

Cheri said:
LOL, I know the feeling about scary interpreters I had my share with one of them during my pregnancy doctor's visits.

What happen was I was there on time she was running late, then she arrived about 15-20 mins later and said she had another apportionment earlier and it went late, So It was fine, then we went in the exam room and she started going through her purse and grabbed a bag of chips and started eating, and then the dr. came in and she was signing and chips were flying all over the place, Then she started picking them off the floor and eating the chips that were on the floor. :shock:
Oh gee!! LOL

Cheri said:

Yikes!

I never eat while interpreting. I only bring a bottle of water. If I am hungry between assignments, I bring a yogurt fruit smoothie in a cooler in my car. I just drink that for quick nutrition. If someone offers me food, I just smile and say, "Thank you, but I don't eat while I am on duty."

Too many risks of eating while interpreting, like in your example. Also, suppose the terp starts choking, or spills a soda, or has a lovely bit of food stuck between the front teeth? Ha, ha, better safe than sorry!

:wtf: cheri, that interpreter picked up chips from floor?? :jaw: what a wacky lady! :-\ as along these interpreters keep themselves lives to themselves, it will go smooth. one interpreter insulted kids and stuff, i got her fired. thats :nono: i just dont appreciate an interpreter to do that so i fired her butt. those interpreters can be wacky sometimes if you get those. today my interpreter was late for my appointment. i almost called deaf services to file an complain but lucky she got in time 5 minutes prior my appointment. ack! :roll:

Hahaha , I'm sorry I couldn't stop laughing at E's post there...

I know how you guys feel there,I had my share of those scary interpreters....

Back when I had my first meeting with my child's school teacher, we had waited for the interpreter to arrived, we were aware that she was running a bit late, then five mins later or so, she finally arrived and was telling us how sorry she was for being late and how she was stuck in this horrible traffic etc...before we were about to begin the meeting as the teacher was about to start talking, she jumped in and kept talking about how unbelieveable the traffic was and how she was stuck in there for an hour etc.....I was like this :ugh: , and she went on and on about how her day went and was really unhappy about it, at first I thought we will never get a chance to finish this meeting with the teacher since the interpreter wasn't in such a good mood that day! :Ohno:

Last edited:
Oh yea, I just remembered now about one of interpreters that I had in middle school. I had her then somehow later on my parents had to fire her butt because of her talking to me of sex education in english class so I went back home and told my mom about it. My mom got her fired. Then later on for MANY years until now, I am adult. I finally found my best friend when I was little that we went school together before I was transferred to hearing school. BUT know what? OOPS! THATS HER MOTHER!!! I didnt know that! :jaw: I told my mom that I found my best friend from my childhood and my mom said is that one that ride motorcycle *HD* I was like :dunno: because I dont remember that part but sex education, yea! BUT WEIRD, small world that my best friend and I found each other but OOPS THATS HER MOM! *chuckles* Speaking of that memory, I will see her in few weeks after many years not seeing each other because of separate schools. *laughs*

forgot to add the dress style on my interpreter from first post i made, she worn torned black stocking, yeah big holes. :ugh:

sure ive had some cool bean interpreters, some of them ended up my "2nd mom" when i had them for years. others were a punk with spunky outfits and a mixed chinese who does DJ at night clubs and danced in front of my classmates during gym class. people "wowed" and i was like yeah thats my interpreter, allright! :thumb:

e said:
forgot to add the dress style on my interpreter from first post i made, she worn torned black stocking, yeah big holes. :ugh:

sure ive had some cool bean interpreters, some of them ended up my "2nd mom" when i had them for years. others were a punk with spunky outfits and a mixed chinese who does DJ at night clubs and danced in front of my classmates during gym class. people "wowed" and i was like yeah thats my interpreter, allright! :thumb:
Dats the people I like.

e said:
im gonna post about one of a few strange interpreters i had back then....
i met with my interpreter at an appointment, she dressed oddly enough old style clothes such like in the 80's. black 'n' white in order clothes. anyway, when no one was talking, i was just sitting and wandered, waited for the doctor. the interpreter turned at me said "jesus loves you" i was like :shock:. she nodded at me, smiled and said yes, jesus loves you. i was thinking wtf were you suddenly possessed or something? i was so nervous about that. when i got home, i told my mom about it. she got really pissed off about how interpreter went cross the line in business. she called up the agency to file complaint. i dont know what happened to her then.
im sure some of you had creepy interpreters, post away!

OMG!!! ROFL!!! thats really CREEPY one.. haha,, I would peed my pants..

Cheri said:

ROFLAMO!!!!!!! but eatting while you were exam.. I would.. ughh.. ::barf:: lol

Back