Scam!!!

Jeff_Andum

Reaction score
I got now email scam sent to email! Anytime I have a yahoo screen name with the word "Deaf" in it.....I get these African Email Scams. Please Warn Deaf about this!

I wrote an article about this for a website (not totally up and running yet), and for newsletter because some Deaf I know have been scammed. It is very bad, you're right--target Deaf community!!

i just wanted to add something in here. it has been brought to my attention, a new branch of this african scam. i was not hit directly, i have a good friend who was. here is a copy of the email that was sent.

Hello, I am very glad to hear from you, I've been married for 2 years and now divorced without kids. I am feeling reluctant to talk about myself and my situation to you because i don't know how you will feel. But I will like to let you know all about me and the situation I am into now so that it will not be too late before I let you know. I have had alot of bad experience in my previous relationships, and i do not want to fall into the same problem anymore, i will like you to give me your words that you really love me and that you want to make a new life with me, because i have been gamed before and i will not want to be gamed or played on again in my life. I am tell you all this, then you can decide if you still want to meet me or not, so that we will not waste each other' time, when you get this mail,kindly give me a response to let
me know if you are still interested or not. I've been divorced now for 2years now. My dad died 3years ago in London and my mom still living in London. I'm the only daughter, the only kid of my folks. My dad is a british man and my mom is a native of american. My mom and my extended family now live in my dad's house in Tottenham London. My husband, Victor Gregory gamed me alot and treated me so bad in our marriage, he absconded with my dad's money which was kept with me after a completion of a contract in EAST london,UK. When my boy friend got absconded with the undisclosed sum of USdollars, this brought the first brokeup between me and my dad, because he thought we have the deal together, but not knowing that I'm an innocent about this. So my dad has been harsh and tough against me about this. After all these happened to me and caused by my Ex Husband, I joined a dating site(www.couple.com) where I met an
African guy online here who promised heaven and earth that he wants to marry me and make me happy in life; "I never knew I was going from Fry-pan to Fire". The African man told me of an investment opportunities in Africa and he convinced me to come along with lots of money while coming down, which I did. On getting here, all his intention was to take away the money from me, played me and leave me alone. I came from the United States with all the money I've gotten from my Dad's business and contracts renumeration. Because the african guy told me of an idea to investment in Oil firms here. When I got here, he made all possibles means to get the money from me and get away with my money. Then when I noticed this, I took the money and my travelling boxes and deposited it with a Security/Insurance Company here in Africa in order to safe myself and my assets. Thereafter I left the guy's apartment to an hotel where I am in right now and from which
I am communicating with you now. Therefore, I don't want to fall into any other terrible situation again after all these that I have faced and I am not ready to be gamed, this time, I need to be very very careful of whom i will go out with or date this time. I will need some words from you, which will prove to me about your interest me and what exactly you want out of our relationship. I am very eager to have a date now, since i would be coming back to the united states as soon as possible you want me to, provided you will treat me in an orderly manner. Well, let me hang on here till I hear from you. I hope you will understand my situation at this time and I hope you will come to my resuce and be of whom i expect you to be. I really need to be Loved because I really deserved it and I need a man that would always be there for me, who will be like a father and husband to me,i will reciprocate true LOVE as
well. Sincerely yours Jane Smith

now, this is from a AD member who just joined on July 8th...but she has not posted any threads, or comments. i would just like to give everyone a forewarning about this. this is deafinitely a SCAM!!!!! RUN!!!!!!!!!

Hi, just wanted to put my two cents in.

I had the same letter sent to my email. It is frightening to get this kinda mail thinking its from a new friend. Yes thats true what terpprm is saying she is an AD member Janesmith650 sent me that same letter through email and she chat with me also! knowing that Im a woman! It was through yahoo. I broke friendship as soon as I could. OMG! I just read it and I was surprised to see the same exact words. This should be definitly stopped. This is a definit scam Thank you for posting this Terpprm
There must be a way to alert the deaf comunity about this. Again thank you and ADers beware!

Last edited:
I hate alot of scammers.:rl: I know that they peek the information on deafvp.com long time. When scammers will im me, I will going to spam them. I am tired of it.

I remember that the scammers in Africa used internet relay through the business such as computers, softwares and everything. they were sending these to wrong place and then it was fraud. Now, every internet relay service still trace the international calls incoming before these calls will be blocked.

I did modify my information on deafvp.com such as instant messenger. So, scammer can't im me for fake dating anymore period.

Back