Sarah Palin signing ILY - cool

I agree both parties have done it. We should be proud. Even though we may know that both have done it to gain Votes.

At least they took a moment to acknowledge the ILY sign.

Just because the opposing party did it.

Well ya know....

Someone always have something to say.

:gpost:

Personally, I find this and her offensive. They are trying to paint her as someone who is sensitive to the deaf and other people with disabilities. Since when has the Republican party ever REALLY helped anyone; much less the deaf or other people with disabilities?
:roll:

:gpost:

True, Babyblue

Alright, I apologize for my comments before, maybe I pushed it too far! Although... I thought the "I LOVE YOU NICK JONAS!" comment was kinda funny.... :) Especially now with Obama's picture....

That's cool! That's nice of her! Where is Obama's sign ILY?? :hmm:

Has he even bothered to learn signing? Probably not. He's all smooth talk.

Well it's a really nice gesture on Sarah Palin's part. Also saying we have things to contribute, keeping her downs baby and letting her daughter keep her's too. All this is why I like her even though I don't neccessarily like or agree with all her other policies (except where abortion is concerned) but then nobody is perfect. In fact it's rare for me to like anything about politions at all.

I didn't say, "hurt", you did. I said 8-2 odds and being overwhelmed with lies, half-truths, etc. In just about any other kind of thread, peoples heads would roll but it was allowed to go on and on because the mass rules.

Well said. It's only the thick skinned that are speaking up for their views which is why more people seem to be for Obama. But we won't really know until after the 4th. I'd never have supported repulican before and only do so now as I consider them the lesser of 2 evils. But I like Sarah Palin. Ok I can't vote directly for her. I couldn't vote for her anyway because I live in UK but I should be allowed to say I like her views without being linched.

Has he even bothered to learn signing? Probably not. He's all smooth talk.

Well it's a really nice gesture on Sarah Palin's part. Also saying we have things to contribute, keeping her downs baby and letting her daughter keep her's too. All this is why I like her even though I don't neccessarily like or agree with all her other policies (except where abortion is concerned) but then nobody is perfect. In fact it's rare for me to like anything about politions at all.

How nice of Obama to learn it too. Ily.

From what I hear. Obama is a smooth talker as well.

I can not wait to see how the chosen one will act on it.

All the promises.

Both candidates dont know sign language..we know that but how much are they going to do for people with disabilities while in office? That's the big question. :)

in 1992 and 2000, many HOH complained about the use of terps at campaign events. Both the conventions have cc on their display at the back of the halls.
Go McCain/Palin. Obama and Biden have no families members with disabilities. They won't identified with us.

McCain divorced his family member with a disability.

A lot of good that did.....your'e not even listening. Not coming back to this unless we get back on topic.

Tousi. Don't leave. You are free to express your view, opinions as well as all of us are.

Don't allow a few bad apples run you off

As of now the party we are supporting is the minority of the ADers.

Hang in there !

Is it possible Palin already knew ASL to communicate with her youngest son?

I know of three different people (two of them are related to me) with the very same condition that the Palin's youngest son has were taught ASL. They used ASL to communicate everyday even they can hear.

I don't base my vote on whether or not a candidate can make the ILY sign. I don't care if none or all of them can make that sign. It doesn't really prove anything.

Just because someone does or doesn't have a member of the family who is disabled or has special needs doesn't necessarily mean that the person has more or less empathy for people who do.

Biden doesn't have immediate family members now that are disabled but he did experience having children that were severely injured and required a long recovery period.

McCain was himself severely injured, and has long-term disabilities as a result. The McCain's daughter Bridget required surgery and after care for a cleft palate while she was a young child.

But none of that is reason to elect someone, or to not elect someone.

In my opinion.

I don't base my vote on whether or not a candidate can make the ILY sign. I don't care if none or all of them can make that sign. It doesn't really prove anything.

Just because someone does or doesn't have a member of the family who is disabled or has special needs doesn't necessarily mean that the person has more or less empathy for people who do.

Biden doesn't have immediate family members now that are disabled but he did experience having children that were severely injured and required a long recovery period.

McCain was himself severely injured, and has long-term disabilities as a result. The McCain's daughter Bridget required surgery and after care for a cleft palate while she was a young child.

But none of that is reason to elect someone, or to not elect someone.

In my opinion.

Then, why did the Republican Party parade her Downs Syndrome infant at the National Convention?

Seems to me that they are trying to squeeze out votes from the Special Needs population. :roll:

Jeezzz, OB...."parade, blah, blah...." All of the relevant families were there. Hers is also the First Family of Alaska. I suppose you think she should have put the child in a closet somewhere.....listen to yourself.

Then, why did the Republican Party parade her Downs Syndrome infant at the National Convention?

Seems to me that they are trying to squeeze out votes from the Special Needs population. :roll:

there's nothing wrong w/ a candidate parading around his/her children..... regardless of disability, gender, race.... Obama paraded her daughters at DNC too. Does that mean he's raising an awareness of injustice of black women in America?

it's not Republican Party.... it's Sarah Palin proudly showing off her baby like you mothers would. I don't even know where or how people come up with something like squeezing votes out of disabled people. Not that I'm a fan of Sarah Palin but c'mon.... this is as bad as some people calling Obama as "obama bin laden"

Back