San Diego Deaf Meetup

PandoraMorticia

Reaction score
Meetup locally with other individuals interested in issues affecting deaf and hard of hearing individuals. Deaf, HOH, and ASL Students are welcome.

I Moved to San Diego From Orange County where we have on of the largest Deaf meetups in the country. There is a Starbucks meetup there that hosts up to 250 people some times. I am hearing and a student of ASL so I am willing to host this meetup so we all can learn, grow and meetup together.

Some possible issues to discuss are education, employment, health care, and telecommunications.

If you are still interested after reading this, go to Meetup: World's largest community of local Meetups, clubs and groups! and get a free account. RSVP for the meetup and show up! Its just that simple. And its all free.

When:
Friday, November 23, 2007, 7:00 PM 2007

Where:
Starbucks
324 Horton Plaza Dr Downtown
San Diego , CA 92114

Description:
This will be our first meeting and I would like us all to be comfortable. I encourage you all to bring a friend and let as many deaf people know about this meet up as possible. If you are a student, Let your classmates know about this meetup! I will be out there with a large sign so just look for me and my poster! Don't Be shy!

The meeting is Held at the Starbucks on Level 1 of the Horton Plaza Mall In Downtown San Diego.

I lived in Orange County and there was a meetup that hosted a monthly 250+ people. Lets get growing and making friends and build our own meetup here at our own starbucks!

awesome. This is just the thing I need. I've moved down here to SD about a year ago, but still haven't met anyone that is HOH/deaf as I've been busy with work and all. Thanks for the heads up. Could I still show up if I don't RSVP via that website?

You are More than welcome to show up to the Deaf meetup without rsvp. It is not required that you do. It just helps to remind you when it is because I can send out e-mails from the meetup site to the members a couple days before so you remeber to request it off from work.

I will be thrilled to see you there!

Back