Same advertisement are everywhere on my website

authentic

Reaction score
I've purchased a round trip flight from SF to Aspen (Winter X-treme retreat) via online and after that I've seen banners says "Get a flight from SFO to ASE for $400 or less" everywhere on AD, and other websites including CNN.com, eBay, etc... I know there is switch to turn off the internet tracking browsing or something like that. I'm using Safari. HELP!!!! :lol:

Put on private browsing so that it clears the cookies. Also, don't click on any facebook or twitter icons on any pages other than Facebook or Twitter.

You can also use Ghostery to see who is tracking you and shut off that track for future pages. Just don't sign up to give info back to Ghostery, they will themselves track you.

I had over 5000 tracks in one week that cant be right..i ended up paying 170quid for ticking an icon, credit card company phoned me say someone was hourly trying get into my credit account from china

how do you find private browsing on computer where is it

35jf3w5.jpg

Hey, everyone, click on those ads once in a while as that helps Alex garner some revenue from them.....

Hey, everyone, click on those ads once in a while as that helps Alex garner some revenue from them.....

I did not know that...I thought revenue came just by having adds.....as it mostly deaf dating in America come on mine,no good to me sorry alex

On Firefox, I have A.d.B.l.o.c.k Plus and it removes all those images completely. I'm not sure if Safari has anything like that.

Edit to add... Wow filters take away a word that's not even a swear word? Interesting. Remove the periods and it's one word.
I use firefox and I got all the ads of whatever I was looking at or reading.. very invasive for some reason lately...new AD server?

I clicked on one of Alex's ads once and got a discount on something I ordered.

If you are using Chrome, press CTRL+SHIFT+N to go private. :)

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

If you are using Chrome, press CTRL+SHIFT+N to go private. :)

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Why would you say that?

I put this question here as have problems starting thread,,,a tool bar I deleted a year ago on another computer just came back for about 30seconds then disappeared and usuall toolbar back....could it have anything to do with tracking apps put on

It makes me sad that they left out keeping Flash and Java up to date. There are also plenty of free, no-cost services such as OpenDNS that help you block said ads.
In response to the original question, those ads are all over the place because of cookies. Some sites require them, some don't. A cookie is just a site setting or configuration saved in your temporary folder that provide an early form of tracking your browsing habits. Unfortunately, all of the most common browsers support this. IE has "InPrivate Browsing", Firefox offers it's own private browsing option, and Chrome offers "Incognito mode". Each of those modes delete history, files and cookies left over from your browsing session as soon as you close your browser. I suggest using those, but that alone will not protect users against malware embedded in Java and Flash based ads. In essence, it all boils down to common sense and good judgment.

Contrary to popular belief, using InPrivate or Incognito mode will not fully protect you at work if you want to look at questionable materials, assuming your employer has a web filter like Websense or Sonicwall.

No comment, otherwise, Alex will be upset at me. :lol:

Back